April 11, 2009

Easter festivities......part 1..

Avery has been a little egg hunting fool this week :)

Wednesday night she was invited to go to an egg hunt with Kiesha and the girls. Because I had to work my first inclination was to not let her go. It was to be her first egg hunt and I did not want to miss it. I told myself that that was a selfish thought so I gave in and let her but made Kiesha promise to take pictures! Needless to say after I say the smiles on her face in the pictures I am glad she went. I know she had a good time!!

Scoping out her eggs but pausing to have a candy break.

Here she is with her bounty.....is that smile not adorable?

Thursday evening was spent making cupcakes for her Easter party at daycare. Even though she only attends 2 days a week we were invited to come up on her off day to celebrate with her class. We were in charge of bringing cupcakes for the kids.

I decided to let her help with the sprinkles and even though it was a HUGE mess, she really enjoyed her job.

Here are the finished products.

Now most of you know that my mom decorates cakes. So of course she got in on the action and wanted to do some professional cupcakes as well...
Here are the baby chicks and lambs that the little ones loved!!

Friday afternoon we headed to "school" to attend the party.

Avery with her Easter basket they had made earlier in the week.

Happy girl celebrating with all her friends!

She looks so grown up when she is sitting at the table among the other kids.

We then ventured outside where the egg hunt was about to commence.
At one point Avery just dropped her basket so she could pick up 2 eggs at a time!

Spotting another egg.

Sitting at her place at the table waiting for treats to be served.

So that's what we have done so far and we still have the actually holiday tomorrow!!

I know this post has been about Easter eggs, hunts, cupcakes, and other things but let us not forget the REAL reason for holiday!!!!

We will be attending Easter service tonight at our home church (because Paul had to work in the morning) and then tomorrow morning we are joining Chris and family at their church for services.

Happy Easter!!!

May the Lord bless you on this holiday and everyday!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It looks like Avery had a very fun week leading up to Easter.

I LOVE the sprinkles on teh cupcaks. She obviously had a blast!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers