June 9, 2009

Crazy, busy but fun weekend!!!

Last weekend was a whirlwind around our house. We were some partying fools!!!

On Friday Avery and I took a little dip in the pool. We had been concerned if the water was warm enough but our fears were relieved the moment we stepped in...I am happy to declare Pool Season 2009 has officially began!!

Our little water baby. She is verbalizing more and more these days and her current word of choice is: SWIM!! She loved the pool so much so that I had a hard time convincing her when it was time leave.
Soakin' up the sun in her ladybug float.

Once again we are amazed in the difference a year can make in the growth and development of our little girl. Time really does fly!!!! Just for fun I have linked a post of one her pool adventures the beginning of last summer so you can see how much she really has changed. Click here to check out Avery last summer in the same ladybug float.

Have I told you lately how much I love this little girl???

Saturday was Party central around our house. We had 3 different occasion to celebrate and party we did!!!

Up first was Mollianne's 6th Birthday Party! I am honored to say that this is the 4th year we have celebrated with Mollianne and family and are blessed to have them in our lives.

Her theme this year was Tinkerbell!!
The guest of honor with her one of her 2 birthday cakes!!

Of course the birthday parties are a little different now with all the little one's running around.
K-Man going for swing!!

Does Quint look like a GQ model or what?

Aubriana was adorable in her party dress.

And of course no birthday party for Mollianne would be complete without the bounce house. Will we ever forget the "Great Bounce House Collapse of 07"? I have to say that we have been unable to Valerie back in the bounce house since that fateful day!! Or what about the introduction of the bounce house slide in 08? Yep, we definitely get some good use out of those bounce houses!!

Mom will probably kill me for posting this, but how could I resist?
How fun is it that just last week we were celebrating her 56th birtday and now here she is enjoying the bounce slide?

And of course there's me and my partner in crime, Erin, taking our turn on the slide.
Erin, our bounce house partners seem to be declining but I know it will always be you and me girl!!

Avery was not very impressed with the slide but she loved the bounce house!
Jumping her little heart out!!

This was the scene in the car about 2 minutes after we left Erin's:
all that fun really wears a girl out!

After a quick trick home to clean up and trade grandma for daddy (he had to work and missed Mollianne's party) we were off for celebration #2.

One of my very dear coworker's and also whom I affectionately refer to as my "work momma" was hosting a graduation dinner for her daughter. Amy did a fabulous job of preparing the meal for tons of people wishing Maureen a bright and successful future! I know it has to be a little bittersweet for Amy since Mo is her youngest of 3. I can't even imagine Avery's high school graduation!

Amy and Maureen!

Me and Amy with our baby girls!

Best wishes Maureen and Good Luck at TLU!!

After dinner it was time for party #3 of the day: Erin's Birthday celebration at Cru Winebar.

Now just a little side information: Paul and I are not wine drinkers. We couldn't tell you the meaning behind the swirl, or the sniff, or what a "flight" is, or even the differences between the hundreds of bottle of wine displayed. We could probably tell you the difference between a red and a white but that would be the extent of our "wine knowledge". That did not stop us from having a wonderful time with a great group of people!! Maybe, just maybe, one the days they will culture us enough so that we are sniffing and swirling right along with them :)

The birthday girl and her hubby!!

Kelley getting her "flight of wine". I thought the wire wrack that carried the glasses was a fabulous idea so I just had to take a picture of it!!

Me and Paul having a great Saturday night!!

So that was our weekend in a nutshell. Sunday was definitely a day of rest around our house!!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well. Thanks for checking in with us!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I have picture to print and put on the icebox to motivate me to stay on the diet. Ouch!

Momma Martha

Eloise said...

Such a fun weekend you had! I loved seeing all the pictures.

I'm trying to plan a get together with Erin. Would love to see you again too!

Have a great time in New Braunfels this weekend. Can you drive your car?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers