July 14, 2008

Guess we won't be winning the "Parent of the Year" award anytime soon !?!

This weekend while Paul and I were doing some chores around the house Miss Avery was creating her own mischief....all on her own she opened one of our kitchen cabinets, pulled out the iron, and proceeded to get herself wrapped up in the cord. When I entered the kitchen she was crawling while dragging my iron across the tile floor!! It didn't seem to bother her that she was dragging an extra appendage around with her!!

When I first saw her I couldn't quite figure out where the cord was....

Now she's standing up so she can show me how easy it is to transport the iron.

"Mommy this thing just won't turn me loose!"

Daddy comes to the rescue...'cause mommy was too busy taking pictures.

As it was she had the cord around her waist and then wrapped around her leg 4 different times!!

On the agenda today: a trip to Wal-Mart to buy cabinet locks!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks like she is having the best time ironing your floor. You'll have to save that photo for when she becomes a teen or a mom of her own and complains about hating to iron. LOL. God bless her, she is a spitfire who must keep you on your toes.

Take care. Lisa in Gibbstown.

Valerie said...

I am shocked and dismayed.....that you own an iron...that is so 1950's


You should see what our two do with the vacuum cord...it can't be safe or Parent Approved.

The locks work, but are a major PITA. I suggest just getting rid of the iron, or cutting it's cord off, horrible instrument of drudgery that it is.

Love V

Jodi said...

Robyn,
I must agree with V! Just get rid of the iron! :)
When you get the cabinet locks - make sure any baby sitters are not from the stone age and know how to use the fancy new locks! Right V? Yes, we didn't have these nice ones when my kids were little! You would think this seasoned Mom would be able to conquer a little cabinet lock! :)

Jodi

Rachel said...

Maybe you could attach a mop behind her and she could help you out!

Locks are a pain - installation and use! I would move the iron and then use an old fashioned lock that goes around the knobs just where necessary (under the sink).

Glad Avery is doing so well. I pop in occasionally, and she always seems so happy!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with Val more... toss the thing! :)

~M

Duchess of Lanier said...

Just updating our XuZhou list to send out next week. Children keep coming home!
For Avery's photo update, I'm using her July 4th photo, not the iron nor "Not Vey Happy".
You're right. She is still very cute even when she's mad. :)
Trena
LadyL is standing up and
waiting where Avery was

Eloise said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! It really lifted my spirits while I've been stuck in this hospital room with Vivian.

Our day nurse's name is Ronda, and I have persisted in calling her Robyn. I don't think she realizes that's a high compliment because Erin has told me what a wonderful nurse you are.

So glad you're enjoying that cute Avery so much. She's really a doll.

Eloise said...

Ahem...

It's Sunday. Where's our Sunday 3-word?!

(said with a wink and a smile)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers