October 9, 2008

Be still my heart.....



We interrupt the all Florida/all the time posts to bring to you the sweetest story ever. In order for you to fully appreciate the following story I have to give you a little background first:

Although Avery has made huge strides since she came home, she is still developmentally behind in one area: her speech. Her pediatrician mentioned this at her last visit but he was not too concerned because she does babble all the time and he thinks she will catch up very soon. She does babble ALL THE TIME!! She says things like mamamamama, yayayayaya, dadadada but nothing discernible and nothing ever directed at anyone specific.

Anyway back to the story: Last night we were sitting around the condo after a full day at Universal Studios when I gave Avery a big bear hug. While I was hugging her I was saying "My Avery! My Avery!", immediately after I quit talking she looked at me and said:

"My momma! My momma!"

Let me just say we all became a little hysterical with happiness when she said this!!! We must have made a huge scene because for the last 24 hours she has said it tons of times!!!

I love you baby girl and I am so blessed and proud to be your momma!!!

6 comments:

Eloise said...

That is the SWEETEST, dearest story! Surely those words were truly worth the wait.

Debra said...

Oh, that post just brought tears to my eyes! I'm so happy for you. Glad y'all are having a good time at Disney!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet is that?!?! What a wonderful moment for you, my sweet friend. You are definitely her "momma".

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I've been catching up on all the posts....and this one just tore me up. I have been waiting for some sort of acknowledgement too, that is specific.

How happy you must have been to hear her validate she knows who you are!!!

I can't wait to hear something similar soon.

Love V

Kelley said...

So cool! Now that she has started to talk, I can't wait to hear what she has to say!!
Love you!
K.

Anonymous said...

Awww! That is so sweet! It made me tear up a little bit.

~M

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers