December 7, 2008

Sorry for the silence!!

I know, I know I am WAY behind in blogging. There have been MAJOR changes in our household this past week. After 16 years of working the night shift (10pm-7am) Paul changed to the day shift. Talk about a major shake up in our household dynamic!! He was "courted" for a management job in his company and then interviewed, offered, accepted, and changed jobs all within a matter of 3 days!! We had to do some major shuffling to work out childcare, buy him a new wardrobe (yes, the dress changed) and get everything in order for him to start his new position yesterday at 5am!! Add all that into the normal chaos of this time of year and we have had a very busy week! I still have a ton of pictures from the Thanksgiving holiday to post as well as the token "Avery cuteness". Hopefully I will get to it the next couple of days. Thanks for continuing to check in on us. For now I will share with you a couple of our favorite holiday photos so far:

Our family!!!

I thought this photo turned out pretty well consider it was taken via the timer with the camera on the tripod. Getting Avery and Rowdy to cooperate for the same picture proved to be quite a challenge.

A couple of weeks ago we did get the opportunity to see Santa in a local mall. We were wondering how Avery would react considering her dislike of being in close proximity of the characters at DisneyWorld. Let's just let the picture speak for itself:

I am sure she will laugh about this when she is older but for the moment she thought Mommy was torturing her!

Happy Sunday!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on the family picture!

Love, Momma Martha

Kelley said...

Wow! Talk about a whirlwind three days. Congratulations Paul...I can't wait to here more about your new position that requires new threads! Robyn, the family photo is awesome. I've given up on trying to get a family photo for our Christmas cards...too much sweat (mine) involved to get everyone to cooperate.

I miss you girl and can't wait to see you this week!
Love,
K.

Eloise said...

Congratulations to Paul! The changes with his job sound very exciting.

Loved the family picture!

Thanks for the update.

Diana said...

Love the Santa picture:) I know not everyone agrees with me but I think there is nothing cuter then looking back at the crying pictures..and she is CRYING!!!
Great family picture.

Anonymous said...

omg - OMG!!!! Paul working days in a tie?

Avery making Santa earn his $$$$ too funny.

I can't wait to hear how it all happened.

Love V

Stacey said...

Hey Congratulations to Paul, and here is to praying for an easy transition into the change. Wow I am loveing the Santa photo! The family picture turned out great too!! I am wishing you and your beautiful family a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that Santa looks just like the one that my daughter had her picture taken with!!!!! Seriously, only he didn't pinch my daughter (lol) as my daughter is smiling....just for the record, my daughter screamed the first year she saw Santa too! Did you take your daughter to Grapevine Mills Mall? Just gotta know. Drop me an email if you have a chance, love to hear from you.
beckybennett8@msn.com
www.babygirlbennett.blogspot.com

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers