February 16, 2009

A busy weekend!

Last weekend was a busy time for us. If you know me though, then you know I captured it in pictures!!

We had Avery's second gymnastics class and I think she found her favorite activity. She just loved hanging from bar. I am not really sure how far this will get her in her gymnastics career but she is definitely enjoying it now. She went so far as not wanting to leave to go to other stations in the class!


Here's one of the coaches showing her how to bring her legs up and have her feet on the bar too!

Just hangin' around!!

Our big girl hanging all by herself!

For Valentine's day Paul and I enjoyed a date night while Avery enjoyed a sleepover with Aunt Kathy and Uncle Bill. She received quite a haul for her first Valentine's day but I am sure that doesn't surprise anyone.

Avery with her Valentine's stash.....and this did not even include the candy, animal, and balloons that Kathy and Bill gave her!

I am not sure why Valentine's Day meant so much to me this year. In year's past it has basically just been another day. I think it was because it was always just the two of us and this year has brought so many changes that I was looking forward to a romantic evening with my wonderful husband. We made reservations for a candlelight dinner and after than contemplated seeing a movie.
Here we are dressed up (well, as dressed up as we get) for a night on the town!!

Needless to say after pulling into the parking lot of the local movie theater at 7:30and seeing the massive crowds we quickly nixed that idea. Instead we made a quick trip to Wal-mart, purchased a movie, and headed back home to enjoy it. We had purchase the movie Fireproof. I cannot say enough good things about this movie!!! If you are married or ever plan to be I highly suggest watching this movie with your significant other. It really explores the different facets of a marriage and how to keep your marriage strong.

Sunday morning we went to church and then enjoyed lunch together. Kathy and Bill brought Avery home shortly after we returned home and once again our little family was complete!! I had a nap before heading to work and Paul took that opportunity to introduce Avery to the world of Nascar.

Daddy and Avery watching the Daytona 500!!

So that pretty much wrapped up our weekend!!

Thanks for checking in on us!! Hope everyone is having a good week!!

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers