February 24, 2009

Playing catch-up....yet again!!

The last couple of weeks have been very busy around our house. The biggest change is that last week Avery started daycare (oh pardon me...evidently now it's call Learning Center). I know there are many opinions out there about daycare but we had to make the decision that was best for Avery and our family. She is going 2 days a week and we really think it will be helpful for her to be around other kids her age. So far she seems to be enjoying it. She brings home a daily report every time and for her first day it read "Avery had a great first day. She is very social" I think that's a good thing.

Here she is leaving the house to go for the first time. She is now in the habit of grabbing a purse anytime she leaves the house. She had several to choose from and they get as far as the car, then they are forgotten.

It took her all of about 2 minutes to start playing with all the other kids. When I told her good-bye she came to me, gave me hug, blew me a kiss, and went on her merry way.

She is still a very busy girl both in the house and at any activity.
She continues to manipulate herself in many different ways in her highchair. Sometimes I am not sure exactly how she winds up in these positions. Maybe we have a little contortionist on our hands.

Another thing she had started is playing with a cradle that attaches to one of the strollers she received for Christmas. However, she does not use the cradle for it's intended purpose. No....she uses it a helmet.
Rarely she puts it on this way which does not hurt, but most of the time this is what we see:

she puts in on backwards and then wanders around with it.

She will even get on her tricycle with her backwards hat and try to figure out why she is running into things!?!?!

Yet another high chair manipulation. Don't worry we don't' get very far from her when she in the chair and no grandparents she hasn't jumped out...yet.

We have done 3 sessions at gymnastics and Avery seems to really enjoy it. They do different things each week so it seems as if every weeks she finds a new trick that's her favorite.

This week it was the rings!

Having fun at the gym.

Her first solo walk on the mini balance beam.

Rocking in the pac-man with a new friend.

One thing we can say about our girl is that she likes to eat. Ice cream is a favorite and anytime the freezer is open she will head straight for it.

We are starting her out right with the greatness that is Ben and Jerry's!!

Who needs a bowl when you can eat right out of the carton?

One day last week when she was at my mom's she was snooping through the bathroom cabinets and found the toilet seat that mom had from when Kelby and Kolin were little. She knew right where it went so mom put her on up there and let her sit for awhile.
And yes, she did produce and mom took a picture to prove it but I will spare you that. We are not pushing potty training yet but if she shows signs we will definitely encourage her.

Sunday after church Paul, Avery, and I joined Tony and Melinda at the Dallas Auto Show. We have been to this a couple of times in the past and it is always an enjoyable afternoon checking out all the new cars.

Avery fit right in checking out the latest brochures.

Here's Paul next to a car he would just love to own: the Dodge Charger. My statement when he was checking out this car was: "This is just like a new version the Dukes of Hazzard Car!!"

Tony and Melinda posing in front of a souped up Mustang.

Avery enjoying her ride on Uncle Tony's shoulders!

Melinda, Avery, and Tony sitting in a $95K Corvette!

Don't get too comfortable in that car guys!!

Avery definitely found her favorite car in the whole show: A Chrysler Town and Country Mini Van. She did not want to get out of this car. She even made motioned for us to buckle her up with the seat belt. I think she like the swivel seats and table, not to mention the dual dvd players in the room and the gaming hook ups. Man this van had it all!!

Me and Avery checking out the second row of seats.

This was her reaction when a stranger dared to sit in HER car. She was shooing him out.

I think this is definitely the one she wants when mommy finally crosses over to the dark side: Mini Van Mom!! Not that it is coming anytime soon!!

And this was her reaction when daddy finally had to make her get out of the car. She was not a happy camper!!


No Daddy!!! I want this one!!

I guess we definitely know what our girl likes!!

After leaving the show we had dinner and then I started feeling pretty bad. I started having the same symptoms similar to the one's I had when I was hospitalized back in June. Because we did not want things to progress too far Paul and I made the decision to visit the ER and get me checked out. We found out that I had a mild case of pneumonia. So here I have been the last couple of days just chilling out on the couch, pushing fluids and prescriptions, and hoping it gets better. I had a follow-up with the doctor today and have some other tests scheduled for this week so hopefully we caught it early and can cure it pretty easy.

So that's whats been going on in our world!!

Thanks for checking in with us!!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Hope you are feeling better!! Avery and the van is to funny..honestly I do not know how we survived without a van when our Boys were little..it was always filled with stuff and little people:)

Rachel said...

I hope you're feeling better. Avery is just adorable and just looks like she has fun wherever she goes.

I have to say, I never thought I'd be a minivan mom, but I really can't imagine life without it!

Kelley said...

Pneumonia again? What's up with that? I hope you're feeling better now! You know when you say that you will never...you will...and then, you will wonder how you ever lived without "the van"!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Just catching up myself...

Gymnastics- what fun!

And daycare/learning care- love that she's eating it up.

Her contortions are very entertaining- woth checking the blog just for those- you should make a "best of" of them! Can never forget the photo with the iron!

Congratulations on having Avery longer than not having Avery
((( )))

So glad you went on to the doctor and hope you are all better and have your energy back now.

Happy early Spring!

Trena
LOA 2/9/9 for ChuWei and
in the big new 800 que now...

Christie said...

OMG - I'm cracking up at the pic of her with the cart over her head. too freaking funny....

Love you mama!

Big hug

cb

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers