July 27, 2007

Cheap therapy???

When I was first encouraged to start this blog, my first thought was "no way!". I did not think I had it in me to bare my soul to friends and strangers on the Internet. Well, considering this is my 194th post in the 16 months I have had this blog, I guess I was wrong.

I feel this blog is a type of therapy for me as I started this adoption journey, but what started out as the story of our adoption has become a scrapbook of our lives. I look back at some of my earlier posts and relive memories and feelings.

I recently spent a little time reflecting on the things I have gained from not only writing this blog but following a ton of others:

*I have come to communicate with complete strangers all over the world.

*I have read viewpoints on a variety of "hot topics" and really thought about things I had never encountered before.

*I have learned that often when I am upset or frustrated a comment on a blog can really lift my spirits.

*I have used this blog to express a variety of emotions and events in our lives.

*We have celebrated, mourned, been happy, been frustrated, just "lived life" all through the computer but almost always there was someone going through the same thing.

*I have rejoiced as people I have never even met have received their referrals and then traveled to get their children.

*I have met an awesome group of friends, both in person and just through blogs and emails that I might not have ever crossed paths with otherwise.

So for all of you out there reading, THANK YOU!!!! Thank you for taking the time to see a little piece of our lives. Thank you for lifting us when we are down, praying for us, celebrating with us, and just being a part of this wonderful journey!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a sweet, sweet soul! And a blessing to bloggers everywhere.

Love,
Valerie's lurker

Unknown said...

Hasnt it been fun! I have met so many fun people as well!

Kelley said...

Who would have known!?! So glad to be a part of your world, my friend!
Love you,
K.

Erin said...

I just love being a part of your world and I'm so thankful that I don't just know you through your blog. You are absolutely amazing and the sweetest friend. Love you and see you soon! Erin

Valerie said...

Girl, the feeling is mutual (If you ever watch Young Frankenstein with me; that is a quote).

You under-estimate your abilities to communicate and share; I've said it before and I'll say it again - you are a joy!

Love Valerie (Hey my lurker is over here now!)

Mya said...

Robyn,
First of all, Happy Belated Birthday! I am so glad I came across your blog. I read your blog and swear we are very much alike in so many ways. I too sucked my thumb til I was atleat 12 years old and just recenetly stoped sleeping with a "blanky" only because I can't reach it behind my bed!(I can't believe I confessed that on blogville)

We are just getting home and trying to adjust to the time differnce with Karlee and it hasn't been easy. I checked and see that referrals went to Nov 21st! Yeah for all those families. You are so so close. So hang in there a bit longer. I know what your feeling and I promise you the joy you will feel in the next few months is so HUGE, I can not even describle it! I just can't put it into words what it feels like to finally have the child you have prayed for, for so long. It is one of God's greatest gifts ever! Thank you for letting me follow your journey. I look forward to celebrating your refferal of Avery!

Christie said...

Just love you -

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers