July 13, 2007

Tag.......I'm it!!

About a month ago my dear friend Kelley tagged me for a meme on her blog. Today, another dear friend Erin graciously pointed out on her blog that I had never completed the tag challenge so to appease her I will do it now....

The first part of the challenge was to list 8 facts/habits about myself. This was the hardest thing for me because I think I already reveal so much about myself on this blog. I am going to try to come up with 8 things I haven't already revealed, so here goes:

1. I always sleep with a teddy bear and a box fan. I have done this for as long as I can remember. In the event of an emergency and I do not have my bear I will shove a pillow under my arm. I cannot sleep soundly without a box fan going. I even have a small travel fan that I put in the suitcase when we travel. Yes, both items will be going to China!

2. I am an adrenaline junkie. I love roller-coasters, thrill rides and all that kind of stuff. I have done the "sky coaster" (a safer type of bungee jump) 3 times and I loved it everytime.

3. I am not a big crier. I hold alot of my emotions in. In the rare occasions that I do cry it is very ugly: huge sobs, tears almost convulsion-looking.

4. I cannot stand to wear pantyhose, therefore every dress or skirt I purchase has to come half-way between my ankle and knee so that my knee highs don't show.

5. One of my greatest fears it to be blind. I don't know why, it is just always something that has always bothered me.

6. I love to listen to music and sing along. It is not unusual if I am in the car alone to be singing at the top of my lungs. My music genre is large, at any given time I will have country, christian, pop, and heavy metal all loaded in my cd player.

7. I love to take pictures. I rarely go to any social event without my camera and I always take a ton. I do have to admit that digital has really saved me money on film developing.

8. I am very close to my family. They mean the world to me and I can't fathom living away from them or not speaking frequently to them.

The next challenge was to list 4 things that you have experienced in the last 4 years and 4 things you hope to experience in the next 4. I will start with the past

In the last 4 years:

1. I lost my best friend. It was very hard for me to make myself vulnerable again after that but I have and in return I have gained 4 of the very best friends a girl could have!!!

2. Paul and I decided to adopt a child from China. We "thought" we had come to conclusion that we would never be parents but God opened up a door for us.

3. I have come to love a dog more than I ever thought possible. I never really understood how people became so attached to their pets, but now I know.

4. I have learned that I am resilient. When I fall (literally and figuratively) I can pick myself up, dust myself off, and start over and you know what?? It's not that hard!!

4 things I hope to experience in the next 4.

1. Go and get my daughter and finally become a mother.

2. Become debt free (Paul and I are really working on this and are making good headway).

3. Experience a Disneyworld land and sea vacation my posse and our daughters!!

4. Hopefully start the process for child #2, who knows when or from where, we are leaving our options open.

There you go. I completed my challenge. If you have not done this and would like to leave me a comment so I will know to come look at your answers.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thank you for doing this! I knew most of this about you but it is fun to see what people think of themselves. And I'm so glad that you opened up your lives to your posse because I couldn't imagine life without you, one of my very best friends. Love you so much!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers