July 18, 2007

Thought for the day

Last night we had a local pastor come the hospital to visit a patient. He passed out mints to all the nurses and being the sugar-holics we are we gobbled them up. After eating my mint I noticed there were scriptures listed on each wrapper. This is the scripture that was on my mint:



Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:5


This really reached out and grabbed me. I am having a hard time lately with the seemingly endless wait to bring Avery home, but seeing this and remembering that I do trust in the Lord and he WILL bring this to pass it what I really needed to be reminded of.....

So my prayer today is that the Lord will give me the strength to make it through this rough patch and the knowledge to know that he is in control and watching over my baby until she is ready to come home to us.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

This wait too will pass. I was at a "referral" shower yesterday for two people with another expecting hers anyday now. So it does happen, and all I could think was well Robyn is just behind them a few short weeks!

When it does happen....you still ain't ready...believe me.

You and Paul are going to be amazing parents; and Avery is so darn lucky.

Love V

Kelley said...

I'll second everything that the always eloquent V said above.

Big hugs, my friend!

Love you,
K.

Erin said...

And I needed this as much as you did. God has a timeline for everything in our lives and He sometimes asks us to be very patient. In this case, very, VERY patient. But what I know is this - Avery, Aubriana, Meisey and Keira will be 4 lucky little girls and the kisses and hugs will never stop. We have all waited so long to give them! Love you!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers