November 20, 2007

Could it really be???



Yes, unfortunately it is. Today marks the 23rd month that our dossier has been registered in China. We never dreamed it would take this long, yet here we are....still waiting. We find a little bit of solace in the fact that the CCAA is actually referring our month.




I am having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit this year. Usually this week I am scouring the internet looking for the sneak previews of the Black Friday ads, mapping out my strategy, and making list after list. This year however, I am just kind of dragging. I haven't even decided if I am going shopping Friday. Yes, this statement comes from me (the girl who is usually out with the masses no later that 4am)!!!

I guess I could attribute it to multiple things, first and foremost I never thought we would still be waiting for Avery to come home and second this has not exactly been the easiest year for my family. Believe me I know that I still have a multitude of things to be thankful for and I am, my spirits are just depleted right now.

Hopefully this funk will lift and my old sparkly self will come back soon!!!!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Robyn, we have never met, but I am friends with Kelley..we were the same group that travelled in November 2005. I read your blog all the time and am waiting and cheering you on. I can't say I know exactly how you feel with the long wait because we were fortunate to only have a 6.5 month wait, but it was waiting and yearning and praying, every single day. Kelley kept me sane and focused. My dreams would be of a beautiful baby just waiting for us in China, seeing a baby, but not fully her face. I am telling you seriously, when they place Avery in your arms, you will forget everything about the waiting. You will be a Mom! A MOM! I waited my whole life and it truly is the greatest and hardest job I have ever had. So, go shopping!! Enjoy the holidays knowing that 2008 will be the year you have a child to spoil, going shopping every Sunday at Target and touch every single piece of little girl clothing, buy it even though it may mean that you can't buy lunch during the work week .. it is so worth it!! 2008 is the year of Avery ... go to sleep at night and dream of Christmas Eve 2008 when Avery is in her crib sleeping and you and your husband are putting together little toys, charging the video camera and thanking God for they joy He has given you! Love, Cathy

Kelley said...

Isn't my friend Cathy so awesome?! I have the BEST friends EVER!

Even though I don't do roller coasters, I'm still hanging on with you on this ride. Maybe we should rename it Mr. CCAA's Wild Ride.

I love you, my amazing friend!
K.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers