November 23, 2007

You know that I just couldn't stay home....

Yes, I did go shopping on Black Friday as usual. I did however sleep in and not leave the house until 6am! I was back at the house by 10am with 95% of my Christmas shopping complete. This is the first year I have headed out alone on this shopping expedition but I have to say that it was not bad at all, in fact, when you only have to worry about yourself it doesn't take nearly as long.
Paul did wind up joining me for a couple of stores after he got off work but I am not sure he wants to do that again anytime in the near future. The picture to the left shows all the treasure we came home with!!!
I was so proud of myself for the bargains I scored and still full of energy because I wasn't out all day that I immediately came home and started wrapping!! Now all of our gifts are wrapped, tagged, and ready for Christmas (as evidenced by the photo on the right). I am sure one of the reasons I am trying to rush the holiday season is because we expect to see our daughter's face right after the New Year!!!

Happy Black Friday everyone!!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

While I envy that you have a huge majority of your Christmas shopping done (and wrapped), I still think that you are a complete looney tune for going out at the wee hours on Black Friday. And, that's one of the many reasons why I love you!! I was snug as a bug at home all day yesterday decorating the house from top to bottom.
Love you!
K.

Anonymous said...

I was starting to have a nagging feeling that I was not ready for the holidays - and now I am in full blown PANIC mode. How is it possible that you can get up at that hour and get back and start wrapping all in one day!

On the bright side, since you obviously have nothing but time between now and the holidays - you are welcome to come over, set up my decorations, wrap my gifts and send out my holiday greetings; I'll have my people call your people.

I miss you!

Love V

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers