November 27, 2007

Putting it in perspective.....

Paul and I are both asked repeatedly what it taking so long with the adoption? why are things moving so slow? wasn't Avery supposed to be home by now? Of course the answers are always the same: if we could speed things up we certainly would. I found these numbers on another website and although I can't guarantee the validity of them, they sure seem correct to me. So for those of you following my blog but not privy to all the end and outs of Chinese adoption here are some statistics for you:

*There are currently over 30,000 dossiers in China waiting to be matched

*The CCAA has referred approximately 600 children each month so far in 2007

*The total number of referrals for 2007 should be between 7,000 and 7,500

*Prior to the May 2007 there were 1600-2000 dossiers registered with the CCAA each month

From looking at these numbers it is not hard to tell why the wait continues to grow. It is kind of crazy to think that in January of this year the CCAA was matching Sept 2005 and in the entire year of 2007 they will probably only get through 3 months worth of dossiers yet refer 7,500 babies!!!!

The bright side is that they are now matching OUR month! So we should definitely be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. So far there are no rumors yet on what the next cut off may be but we are still holding out for a January referral. I can't think of a better way to start off 2008!!!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Neither can I - and I have to tell you that I burst into tears in the Disney store yesterday thinking about it...

Love you bunches...I cannot freaking stand it - we are going to see Avery in the next month!

c

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you both. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Those numbers are so sobering! Ugh... At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel finally! How does it feel to be next, next?! :o)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers