November 12, 2006

A fun-filled day with the girls.....

Yesterday was a non-stop day with my friends. I started out the morning attending a digital scrapbooking class with Erin, Kelley, and Shelli. I had never attempted to dive into the world of digital scrapbooking but let me tell you, it is great. I had so much fun. I have to admit sometimes I got a little frustrated (patience is not my strong suit) but once I kind of figured out what I was doing I loved it. I will continue to do the old-fashioned paper kind but I will definitely be doing some digital too. I happen to know that Santa Claus is bringing me a new photo program for Christmas and ironically enough it is a slightly newer version of the one we used for class yesterday. I can't wait to get my hands on that program and start scrapping away.

After class we all had lunch together then we then split up for a few hours. I went to the mall, the other girls went home and then we met up again later at Valerie's with Jamie, Christie, and Valerie for another girls night out.

What started out as movie night and then turned into game night wound up being sitting around talking, spilling your guts night. Of course we had a wide selection of food and beverage but the best thing was the great company. We started the evening at 6pm and the last of us left Valerie's about 1:30am!!!! By the time I pulled into my driveway at 2:20am I was exhausted. I have so much fun when I am with these gals. It sure doesn't seem that we have known each other for less than a year because we all just "gel" like we have know each other forever. I am so lucky to be riding this adoption roller-coaster with these girls and I can't wait until all our daughters are home!!!

Here are some pics from our evening:

Erin, chillin' out with her glass of wine.

Okay Jamie, somehow the gangsta face and hand gesture does not match up with the rolled-up wind pants and fuzzy houseshoes!!
Christie (our better late than never arrival) and Valerie getting ready to fill their plates!
The gang: Christie, Erin, Valerie, Jamie, Shelli, me, and Kelley. Yes, the dress code was definitely casual!!
Why is it that the first couple of hours are always spent congregating around the food?


Today was definitely a day to sleep in (yes, I missed church after being out partying with my girls so late) and catch up on some stuff around here.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Thanks for checking in!!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

It was an AWESOME day...into wee hours of the next morning, wasn't it?!

Valerie said...

Hey girl, I am going to have to start paying you a commission for the photos I steal. Thank you for coming and thank you for digitally documenting the occasions!

Jamie said...

You stayed that late?? Who left besides Shelli and I? Oh, and I am so ghetto. Fool.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers