November 4, 2006

Another week down.....

Another week has passed, referrals were delivered on Thursday for those families logged up to August 25. Just to recap we are December 20. Still a long way to go but at least it's progress.

Thursday night was Kelby's last football game of the season. Wow, time has flown. Even though they did not exactly have a winning season, Kelby did awesome and you could really tell the coaches were impressed with his athletic ability (he must take after his Aunt Robyn).

For Thursday nights season finale my grandpa and my aunt came to see Kelby play. My aunt Kathy is my mom's youngest sister she is 10 years younger than my mom and 10 years older than me. If I haven't already mentioned my mom will be traveling with us to China and Kathy is going to accompany us too!!! God Bless Paul, traveling with the 3 of us!!


Kathy, me, and my mom. Paul and I were thrilled when mom decided to go to China with us, her words were "I have been there for the birth of everyone of my grandchildren and I will be there to welcome Avery to our family." We were even doublely thrilled when Kathy decided to go too, that way mom will have someone to pal around with and we will have a couple of sets of extra hands to help us.

It will be the first time any of us have traveled out of the country (unless you count Mexico) and considering mom, Kathy, and I all attended the same high school with approx 35 people in each graduating class it should be a grand adventure. China may never be the same after we are done. Let me say it one more time, God bless Paul for traveling with the 3 of us. He will need all the prayers he can get.

Now if we could just get a referral we could be on our way!!
***********************************************

After Kelby's game Paul and I did our good deed for the week. Our friend Christie was coming home from California Thursday night and somehow "forgot" to arrange travel home from the airport. Her husband was tied up with a school function, so Paul and I came to her rescue!!


We even made her a sign with her name on it like all good car services do. I cropped the name out for this blog for privacy reasons, but you get the point. Don't you love that the sign was bright pink?
*******************************************************

Friday I attended the drama production that Christie's husband Anton directed for his junior high students. The play (is it called a play?) was outstanding and the amount of dialogue these youngsters had to memorize amazed me. All the actors did a wonderful job and I can't wait for their next production. I have been intiated into the world of junior high and boy I do not envy Anton one bit.


After the play the students presented Christie with these roses to thank her for her patience in not having Anton home much these days since they were rehearsing tons. I thought it was a very thoughtful gift. Thanks Anton for inviting me and for giving me a front row seat!!



Today was spent doing all the normal catch up stuff.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Christie said...

You're the best! Bigs hugs and a smooch-a-roo for picking me up and giving props to my man for such an outstanding job on his play, not to mention for coming all that way two nights in a row!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you...you're goodie goes in the mail Monday, so be looking for it!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Valerie said...

Wow, you go above and beyond woman! Do you get some sort of frequent driving miles for coming south??? If not you should.

What a grat friend you are.

Kelley said...

You are a true gem and a wonderful friend to us all!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers