October 29, 2006

Lazy days.......

Not a whole lot going on here....we had a lazy weekend and got caught up on our rest and housework.

Friday after my drug-shopping adventure (see previous post)I went to the local high school football game. Kolin was making his debut performance as a member of his boy scout troops honor guard. This is made up of about 8 boys who present the flags of the branches of the military as well as the Texas and US flag at different events.

I have not been to a high school football game in a long time. Man, those memories come rushing back. There is just nothing like Texas high school football. Even though our team lost we had a great time. Not only did I enjoy the game, I enjoyed the people watching. Looking at all those teenagers and thinking "did I act that goofy at that age?" Yep, I probably did!!


Kolin sitting in the school library before they marched onto the field. Doesn't he look sharp??

It was in the low 50's here Friday night and combined with the wind chill it made for a cold evening. We were all bundled up in the stands.


Kelby, red nose and all, trying to stay warm during the game.

Saturday I had a movie fest, I watched both Click and Poseidon. Click starred Adam Sandler and even though I am not a big fan of his I really enjoyed this movie. It made you really think about slowing down and enjoying life as it is happening. Poseidon was okay, I never saw the original but this version did have great special effects.

I forgot to mention that Thursday night after Kelby's football game Paul and I had date night. We went to the Studio Movie Grill, which is a movie theater that is also a restaurant. Your food is served and you eat while watching the movie. How cool is that? We saw "Flicka" starring Tim McGraw. It is an excellent movie but be warned: bring your tissues. It is a tear-jerker.

The rest of the weekend was spent running errands, a little scrapbooking, reading, and just chilling out.

I wanted to included this last picture because I thought it was just too darn cute. Whenever I am in the office/guestroom working on the computer Rowdy comes in and goes to sleep on the bed. Last night I captured this picture.


Have you ever seen a cuter dog?????

Thanks for checking in.......and also be on alert referrals "should" come this week. Let's all say a little prayer that the CCAA makes great strides this month.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Hey girl, there is nothing cuter than a yorkie in my humble opinion and having the experience of 4. I was wondering about those movies, I will have to put them on my rental list. I'm glad you had some time to just relax for a chang.

Kelley said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Much more fun than my weekend adventure!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers