October 27, 2006

Drugs anyone??

Feast your eyes on my $106 purchase at Target this afternoon. Impressed??? I better explain before you go calling the cops on me. I participate in a healthcare spending account through my employer. Pre-tax money is taken out of check each week and put into a special fund for healthcare purchases. It covers everything from dr visits, presciptions, vision care, otc meds, etc. Well the catch to this type of account is that if you do not use the money by Dec 31, you lose it. That's right, my money that I earned being forfeited. Paul and I were both blessed this year that we have only been to the doctor a few times and needed few prescription meds. Just out of curiousity I checked my account balance this week and found out that I had $275 that needed to be spent. I am very frugal and was not about the forfeit one penny so off to Target I went. In addition to the normal meds you may have around the house I went ahead and purchased the meds I thought we might need for China (don't worry I checked the expiration dates). Now, Miss Avery is the proud owner of Tylenol and Motrin (both infant and children's), Orajel, Butt Paste, mylicon drops, a digital thermometer, and Strawberry Shortcake band aids. Paul and I were treated to eye drops for the plane, Immodium (no explanation necessary), cold medicines, tums, and several other goodies.

You should have seen the looks I got while wandering around the pharmacy aisles filling my basket with a little of this and that. If anyone out there has any suggestions about other children's meds I might need, feel free to send them this way.

So, what did you do with your Friday afternoon?

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Goodness gracious, girl! Get some Pediacare...decongestant and the cough and decongestant varieties. We would have been in a world of hurt without these in China and at home. I should have stock! Oh! And, some Children's Benadryl. And, Hyland's Teething Tablets. I think that's it.

Robyn said...

Thanks for the suggestions, I will put them on my list for my next drug trip.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers