October 21, 2006

I have "officially" started my Christmas Shopping..

With Christmas a mere two months away, I finally bit the bullet and began my shopping. Normally, I would be way over half way done by this point, but after looking at my shopping habits for the past few years I have decided that doing it early doesn't mean I save money. It just means people get a lot more gifts because I keep shopping all the way to Christmas. Yesterday I made my first purchase for Christmas '06. Let the fun begin!!!!

Just so you know I AM one of those psycho people that get up at 3am the day after Thanksgiving to go grab those great bargains. Thanksgiving Day around here means eating until you are on the verge of puking, watching the Cowboys play, combing through the newspaper ads to see what is available, making a priority list (we call it the "game plan") and then sometimes even sleeping in our clothes so that when the alarm goes off at 3am we can just jump in the car and leave. Do they make medicine for this kind of behavior??????

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I can't believe you are one ot "THOSE" people. The only thing I get do at 3:00 in the AM is roll-over!

There is medicine, get thee some, for the amount you "save" you spend on waiting in lines and being exposed to all the "OTHERS" like you.

Girl, come towards the light...I'm waiting for you.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers