October 13, 2006

The week in review

Wow, what a week it has been! Since I last posted mom and I came home from OKC rested, renewed, and revitalized. The second day of the Women of Faith conference was amazing. We definitely want to go again next year.

While we were there we went by a Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and I found this fabulous doll for Avery. I have been on the lookout for this doll after seeing it at Valerie's house. I have not been able to find it anywhere (even the internet) and surprisingly we found it in OKC. It was the only Mulan they had. We lucked out!!

The wonderful doll we found for Avery in Oklahoma City.


Sunday I woke up with a horrible cough and just generally feeling crappy. I went ahead and went to work Sunday night and spent the night coughing so bad I thought I might hack up a lung at any time. Glad to say that did not happen. :)

Monday night we were going to be overstaffed at work so I volunteered to stay home. Very good move on my part.

Tuesday, Paul and I were to leave to go camping with his mom and dad, and grandparents. I decided I could lay around the travel trailer just as well as I could lay around at home so off we went. Usually when we go camping I take tons of scrapbooking stuff or other activities to keep me busy. This time I decided since I was "under the weather" that I would take nothing but a couple of movies and books and spend the time actually resting. It was great!! All three days consisted of sleeping (alot), reading (alot), visiting, game-playing, and other low key activities.

Wednesday we did get the water toys out for one last day of fun before fall really sets in. Yep, just what I needed while nursing my cough: go into the cool water and play. You may have heard, we nurses make horrible patients.

Here are some pics from our camping trip:


Does this family need a baby or what? Right now we just have the dog to spoil and sometimes this means even fixing Rowdy his own plate at dinner.


Yep, that's me riding the waves in the middle of October


Paul and I snuggle up for this self-taken picture.


Sandra and Grammy going for a ride


Getting ready to eat dinner. Let me explain the significance of the thumb's up. Whenever we sit down to eat as a family the last person to hold up a thumb has to say the blessing. Needless to say since I was taking a picture and everyone was sitting with a thumb up I had the honors.

We came home to tend to my mom. She had surgery Friday morning on her thumb. She has been having problems with it for awhile now. It will lock up and she is unable to move it. The surgeon had to go in and cut her tendon to release some of the tension.
She is recovering wonderfully!!

To my MWL, I am sorry I missed lunch today. I am sure ya'll had a great time!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You ALWAYS look like you are enjoying life to the fullest! I am so glad Avery and Aubrina will have the same doll, I can see them together at future play dates (I better write her name on the underwear so they don't get them mixed up!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers