January 23, 2007

Better late than never......

Okay, so I know I am a little behind but the last few days have been CRAZY!! So grab a drink, sit back, and enjoy the life of Paul and Robyn.

Let me start with last Thursday and I will bring you up to date.

Thursday-After working Wednesday night, I slept half the day and then traveled to Kelby's basketball game. They won 41-23!!!! I then went to run some errands and made it home at 8pm and then spent the next 4 hours digital scrapbooking. I am a woman obsessed!! I am really getting the hang of this digital thing and even though I will not give up paper scrapping all together, my focus is digital right now. I will try to do a slide show in the near future to show off some of my work!
Kelby getting ready to pass the ball. Great game Kelby!!

Friday-Paul's birthday!! He had to work both Thursday night and Friday night so we did not see each other much that day. Due to the crazy weather last weekend we had to reschedule our monthly M3 gathering. We met at Erin's and laughed so much our sides are still sore. Kelley and I arrived a little after 5pm with Jamie and Christie not far behind. We wound up leaving Erin's at 2AM!!!!! You would think that since we get together every few weeks we would not have to have marathon nights together but we still do it anyway. The funniest thing is that even after spending all that time together the emails started flowing the very next day "when are getting together again?" This group of ladies is so great and we have such a good time laughing, talking, and just being!! I feel really blessed to know all of them and have them a part of my life!!
My M3 crew:
Valerie was unable to join us tonight, but don't worry she was there in spirit!!

Saturday - As much as I would have loved to have slept the day away (I did get more sleep than Kelley), Kolin had a basketball game that we had to attend. The game location was about an hour away so I took advantage of Paul's driving and had me a little nap on the way there. Even though they lost, it was a good game a good effort by the team.
Kolin guarding an opponent during a free throw.
He is serious about his basketball!

Saturday afternoon I had an appt to get a haircut and then Paul and I planned on going out to eat to celebrate his birthday. As I was sitting in the stylist chair I received an SOS phone call from Christie's husband Anton. Christie's dad (who lives in California) had become ill that afternoon and was on his way to the hospital. Christie was beside herself with worry and Anton unfortunately had a prior committment he could not get out of. He did not want to leave Christie at home alone so he called me. Paul and I became went to her house and hung out with her while Anton was gone and she was recieving periodic updates from her family. We wound up convincing her to go eat with us (after all a girl's got to eat) and then we all took a little field trip to the new fancy Wal-Mart that had just opened close to her home. Because of the wonderful technology of cell phones Christie could still be in touch with her family in CA while running around with us. We figured it beat sitting around the house worrying and waiting for the next phone call. After Anton came back home he introduced Paul to the new Wii game system. Paul and Anton played for about 2 hours while Christie and I gave my blog a make-over. Christie left Sunday morning to go California to be with her family and they continue to be in our prayers.

Sunday-Was back to work but not before having dinner at my mom and dad's to celebrate Kelby, Paul, and Danette's birthday. All 3 birthdays are within 2 weeks of each other so my mom always has a joint dinner for them. We had a wonderful meal and an adorable cake.
The January birthday crew:
Notice Kolin trying to push Kelby's head, don't ya just envy that brotherly love???

I just had to throw in a picture of the cake:
My mom made it and it was too cute!!!!

As I was getting ready for work Sunday night, I could not resist snapping a picture of my two guys!!!


I think that brings you up to date, probably more than you wanted to know about our crazy life!!

I have two special prayer requests: one for Christie and her family as they cope with her dad's illness, he is getting a little better but still has a ways to go. The other is for one of my co-workers Helen, 2 of her family members were killed in a tragic auto accident this weekend and the family is in shock. Please remember both these families in your prayers!!

Thanks for checking in!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Stole the picture! Hey, did you take one of me and Kelley? If so, could you email it to me? Have fun on your cruise - I'm sooooo jealous! Love you!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers