January 11, 2007

Out with '06 in with '07!!!

I know I am officially a little late but but it has take me a while to get my thoughts together regarding the past year and the upcoming year. 2006 was definitely a roller-coaster year for us. Not just the kind of roller-coaster that goes up a few times and down a few times, but one of those that has loops, corkscrews, and total edge of your seat anticipation. We started the year with high hopes of bringing our daughter home. We had some low points this year but we also had a ton of high points too!

So even though we were glad to say good-bye to 2006 we can look back at that year as a lesson in patience, appreciation for family and friends, and another step closer to bringing our daughter home.

As for 2007 I have already made a huge change: I have become spontaneous!! I have always been a "planner" I think things out, weigh the pros and cons, and analyze things down to the smallest detail. Well, that was all thrown out the window last night!!

Paul and I have had several conversations lately about having a weekend get-away. We need some time for us, away from the everyday stresses of life, away from my addiction to blogs and searching for any tiny little piece of info related to the adoption process. Just some time to be together with no worries, no schedules, and rest & relaxation. So last night after literally no planning, I booked us a cruise!!! This is a monumental event for me because in the past I would never plan a trip without searching for the best deal for hours, making sure schedules coincide, and weighing every option available. I happened to come across a great deal on the web so 2 weeks from today (yes, just 2 weeks) we will set sail for a 4 night cruise!!

We have a busy weekend planned with Kelby's birthday party, Kolin's basketball game, and for me a night with the girls. So be sure and check back on Sunday because I am sure I will have a huge update for you.

Thanks for checking in, hope everyone is having a great week!!

2 comments:

Christie said...

How funny~! You were right when you said we were on the same page - I booked a trip for Anton and I to New York!!!!! We're going in March for four days!

Carp Diem!

Kelley said...

Whoohoo! You, go girl! Can't wait to see you on Saturday...that's my big get away!
K.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers