February 21, 2007

I exercised.....and it didn't kill me!!!

Okay so one of my New Year's Resolutions (for the last 10 years) has been to exercise more. I like to walk outdoors for exercise. I have a ton of excuses for not starting until Feb.....the weather was crappy, too much to do after the holidays, allergy problems, etc. You name it, I have used it!! Well today I ran out of excuses. I am off work tonight, the weather is fabulous, I don't have anything going on this evening so I called up my mom and asked her if she wanted to accompany me to one of the popular walking trails near our home. She immediately accepted ('cause she is way more disciplined than me) and off we went with Rowdy in tow. I walked approximately 1.25 miles. I know it's not a marathon or anything but it is definitely a start. We just got back home and I feel energized and proud. So here's to baby steps and may the exercising continue!!!

Having trouble posting pictures right now so stay tuned for a picture of the awesome gift I received from my secret pal yesterday.

Also, yesterday marked our 14 month anniversary of our log in. We have officially doubled the time we originally thought we would be waiting. Oh well, I guess that just gives me more time to get in shape before I start chasing a toddler around!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm proud of you too...and today was a perfect day for a long walk. It breaks my heart to read that you have just doubled the amount of time that y'all thought that you were going to wait for Avery. Love you, my friend!
K.

Valerie said...

Hey Robyn,

That is wonderful that you got out and hoofed it with your mom. My excuse bag is still plenty full (someone keeps adding to it) you are an inspiration!

THE WAIT SUCKS!!

Love V

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers