February 7, 2007

A little bitty light at the end of the tunnel??

For the first time in a long time I think I may see a light at the end of the tunnel in our quest for Avery. Don't get me wrong, it is not anytime soon but at least I may have an idea of when we may see her face. Referrals came last week for those logged in from Sept 28 thru Oct 13. Remember we are Dec 20. I don't know why I suddenly have this feeling of peace but hey I won't question it.


Here are my predictions:
March - will refer the rest of Oct
April - will refer the first half of Nov
May - will refer the second half of Nov
June - will refer the first half of Dec
July - will refer the second half of Dec (that would be us!!)


Remember these are strictly my guesses so who knows what will actually happen. This scenario will have us traveling in Septemberish. When we first started this adoption path we thought we would travel in Sept 06. If my predictions ring true we will still travel in Sept just a year late. Is this the timeframe we want? Absolutely not. But reality tells us this is best case scenario. For a long time now I have not even tried to predict when we might get our daughter. I thinks it is because of too many disappointments along the way, but as we inch our way closer we can't help but try to predict.

Do we know what the CCAA will do? No....Do we know when we will actually see her face? No....but with referrals last week something has changed in my outlook and I will take all the Happy Days I can get.

This is probably a bunch of rambling but hopefully it makes sense!!

Have a great week!!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Move over you are blocking the glimmer of light for those of us directly behind you!

I will leech onto your happiness and at least we will travel before year end....I guess that is SOMETHING.

Kelley said...

Makes perfect sense to me! :-) I cannot wait to hear you girls say, "The wait was so worth it! It's a distant memory!"
Love and big hugs,
K.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers