April 24, 2007

March of Dimes Walk

Saturday Paul and I participated in the annual March of Dimes Walk. We were part of a team spear-headed by my friend Jamie in honor of her son Parker who was born 14 weeks premature. Jamie had some awesome shirts made for everyone on our team!!! We had so much fun and most of our team walked the whole 5 miles!! We were also able to score some great free stuff from the corporate sponsors of the event. The weather was perfect and a wonderful time was had by all!!

Our Team Captain:
The front of Parker's shirt simply says: I'm Parker

The back is too cute:
and these are my peeps!!

Our team: Parker's Peeps
Posing in front of the Nature's Own Bread Truck. This will have significant meaning in a later picture!!!

Loving the free stuff!!!!
Christie show off her new Dr. Scholls insoles!!

See why we love Nature's Own. There were giving out loaves of bread by the handful.

Matt, Parker, and Jamie with several of their friends who were our team members.

GO PEEPS!!!
Paul, Bob, Ray(Erin's dad), Erin, Christie, Anton, and the adorable Miss Mollianne

Mollianne had her own special strategy for enjoying the walk.
She loves riding on Pa's shoulders!!

Now when could Christie possible have had time to take a leisurely swing????

Christie and I pose by the "I walked 5 miles" sign.
I better go ahead and fess up now before I get busted. Christie and I only walked 3 out of the 5 miles. The walk was a 2.5 mile trek then you u-turn and make your way back. At about the 1.5 mile mark we decided to have a break (hence the swing picture above) and then catch up with the rest of the team on their way back.

Even though we did not go the entire distance we were still very proud of ourselves for the distance we DID walk.

To cap off the walk Bob took Mollianne for a spin around the parking lot. I did not get a front shot but believe me she was giggling her head off while Bob was toting her like this.


It was a great day with great friends!!!!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Why's it gotta be like that? Why you gotta sell me out like that?

Shoot!

What the !@)(*$#)(*$@

LYLAS

HAHHAHAH!

Kelley said...

Way to go peeps! Can't wait to walk with y'all this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you were up and out of bed and at a location other than your kitchen or living room. WAY TO GO Chickadee.

I love all the pictures.

Valerie

Jamie said...

Love the pictures and I love you all for walking for Parker! I will be sending out my official thanks soon! You guys are the best Peeps a girl could have! Love YOu!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers