April 20, 2007

Queen of Bargains....

I decided to write a light, funny post for this sunny Friday afternoon.

I will give you little background about me first: I am a bargain shopper, nothing gets my adrenaline running faster than finding a good sale. Paul often says to others "just tell Robyn it's on sale and she will buy 2, whether she needs it or not" I think this is a little exaggerated. Anyway, today was my grocery shopping day for our family. I usually go once every 2 weeks and stock the cabinets and refrigerator. This week was an exceptionally good shopping week. It started yesterday when I went to Target to get ink cartridges for my printer and found that they were all on sale for my brand. I wound up saving a whopping $26 dollars on my ink.

Today on my weekly grocery shopping expedition I did something that would totally humiliate Paul. Yes, I went to Wal-Mart with not only coupons, but also with a gift card, and the sales ads from both Kroger and Albertsons. Yes that's right people I was one of those obnoxious shoppers that holds up the line by having the cashier match the prices of their competitors, and on top of that I had coupons!! I wound up getting 4 items for free. FREE!!!! and paid only 50 cents for several other items. In total I got a trunk full of groceries, a pair of shorts for Paul, a shirt for me, and special dog treats for Rowdy for the bargain price of $65.21!!!! I was so excited!!!

Paul always gives me a hard time and tells me that we are not poor, we are doing just fine, so the money I save on coupons and price matches is not a big deal. Well heck, why should I spend any money that I don't have to??? I don't know if it is just a man thing or what. Do any of your men use coupons??? If so let me know so they can have a talk with Paul.

So that's the story of my bargain shopping for the week. Admit it.....this story brought a little smile to your face!!!

Happy Friday everyone and incidentally Happy 16 month LID to us!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

He will kill me for saying this but Bob is so much like you. He would LOVE it if I bargain shopped like you do. I'm like Paul - we are fine financially so why make the effort to save some money? I am so amazed and in awe of people like you that can do that. If I told Bob, he would make me have you teach me your tricks. Love you! (And yes, I did smile because this is so YOU!)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers