September 5, 2007

Adventures in Fried Chicken.....

Okay so here's the story: I had a doctor's appt this afternoon and Paul and I decided to grab a late lunch after the appointment. Several girls at work had told me about this great restaurant that was all home-cookin' with the best fried chicken you could ever have (yes, we did think of you Valerie). Since the restaurant was only about 15 minutes away from the doctor's office we decided to try it out. The girls were right the food was awesome and since it was after the typical lunch time there were very few people in the place. In fact it was only me and Paul and one other table with 3 guys probably in their late teens. We enjoyed our meal and headed on our way. The other patrons (the guys) had exited about 5 minutes ahead of us. We had no sooner got into our car when we heard shouting coming from the area about 2 cars over. Next thing we knew one of the guys that we had previously seen dining was at a full run going past the front of out car. When we looked in the direction of the shouting we saw the police wrestling another one of the guys to the ground. The parking lot was very small and we were not sure what was going on so we were unsure of what to do. Do we burn rubber and get the heck out of there? Do we stay put as to not get in the way? Do we crawl in the floorboard to avoid the potential danger? After several minutes we decided to get the heck out of dodge. We exited the parking lot with no problem as all the movement was at a standstill. Being the nosy person that I am (and because I was driving) I told Paul that we must go around the block and see if we could decipher what was going on, when we reached the backside of the building we saw the guy who had ran in front of our car crouched down laying on the ground, halfway under a parked car. We were on a one-way street and as I looked up there were several police cars coming at me (the wrong way) so I stopped our car and started motioning them where the guys was hiding. The next thing you know we had two police cars beside us and a fight was beginning among the suspect and several police officers. We decided to cut our losses and get out of there. We never did find out what happened. All we know is that a few minutes earlier we were sitting right next to these guys eating and they appeared to have no worries, not enough time had transpired between the time they left the restaurant and all this drama happened for a crime to have occurred. So who knows???? I can't help but mention that we were in a very affluent neighborhood, I am talking million dollar homes. I would have not been nearly as shocked if we were in a different place but to see all this drama in that neighborhood was crazy.

Once we were back on the highway and headed home I told Paul "I am so blogging this!!!" He just rolled his eyes at me and sarcastically remarked "yea, too bad you didn't have your camera with you!" So let this be a lesson to all bloggers: always carry your camera!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all; where is this place and how was the chicken?

Second of all; did you get any chicken to go???

This will teach you to stay home and make "REAL FRIED CHICKEN" like they do in Oklahoma.

Love ya, V

Christie said...

Seriously though...more about the fried chicken...

yum.

Unknown said...

what a day for you guys!

Kelley said...

I would have driven around the block to find out what was going on too!

Anonymous said...

O.K. with my connections I found out the real story. Fact is the three patrons eating when you were there had stolen the chickens
from the chemistry lab at SMU and had the cook fry them up. So
Robyn you and Paul ate stolen chickens.

Luckily the stolen chickens had GPA inplants in their beaks and were located right after they were eaten.

Now the bad part, you and Paul have eaten implants and I can track you all the time.

By the way you are currently in Wal-Mart looking for bargins and Paul is asleep.
Just remember I always know where you are.

Posted by Daddy Wayne, current writer for CSI television.

Erin said...

OK, I too want to know about this chicken place. And Daddy Wayne is hysterical! You have a nut on your hands.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

YUM! Sounds like Bubba's in Snider Plaza to me...one of our favorite dive's in the whole wide world! You can't beat their breakfasts either.

Glad to hear Cliff is mending.

Happy Friday!

Beth

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers