September 17, 2007

Catching up.......

There have been a whirlwind of things going on the last week and since I neglected to blog each event I am just combining for one long blog post. So here we go:


Are you ready for some football????
Football was always a major event in my house growing up and that has just rolled over to the next generation. Luckily Paul is also a football fan and that means our weekend television is usually limited to one game or another. Kelby and Kolin have both started their season's and that means 2 games a week for Aunt Robyn and Uncle Paul. Even though both boys lost their games this week we stilled cheered loud and were very proud of their efforts.



Kelby getting some sideline advice from his dad during half-time. Since Kelby is in 8th grade this year he plays for the school district and I think Chris has a hard time remembering that he is no longer Kelby's coach.

I just love this picture of Kolin. He is the smallest player on his team and this moment when he was running off the field with the largest member of the team was priceless!!


An exciting Saturday evening????

This may come as a surprise to you all (not!) but space is becoming a precious commodity in Avery's room. I will just have to blame it on the 2+ years I have had to shop and receive gifts from those awaiting her arrival. As I was looking in her closet this weekend I noticed the amount of space her Little People collection was taking so I decided that taking all those toys out of the boxes would free up alot of space. That was my project for Saturday evening (while Paul was watching football of course). I had him bring all the boxes into the living room and for the next 3 HOURS I proceeded to open, untie, untape, unwrap, and free each individual piece. When I was done I was able to condense the collection to 2 boxes and one storage tub. What are those toy manufacturer's thinking when they package this stuff??

The pictures aren't the best but I wanted to give you an idea of the amount of boxes this project entailed.
Not to mention the amount of garbage generated by unwrapping everything!!!!


Rowdy goes for a ride!!!!

Dad came over to return Paul's 4-wheeler and I guess he just felt sorry for poor Rowdy just eyeing that big machine with disbelief. Next thing you know dad picked up Rowdy and took him for a spin in the yard. The pictures were just too cute not to share:




So that's about all that has been happening here. I did get into Avery's room again this morning and clean out her closet, dresser, and storage area. Is this what they call "nesting"???

Happy Monday and hope everyone's week is starting out well!!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Yup, it's nesting! Especially since y'all are at THE TOP OF THE LIST on the latest "places everyone" email! I was so excited to see that and I know you are too!
Love you!
K.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers