April 1, 2008

Mellow Day in China...

Today we were "grounded" to our rooms until about noon. Our guide took all our paperwork to the American Consulate for processing and we had to be accessible by phone in case there were any questions. Thankfully, all our paperwork was in order and barring any unforeseen circumstance we should be receiving Avery's visa and have her swearing-in ceremony tomorrow afternoon. Then we are home bound!!!!! Unfortunately we have been told that cameras are strictly off limits at the Consulate.

We spent the morning hanging out, making phone calls, editing pictures, and of course playing with and staring at our beautiful girl. Not a bad way to spend a morning.
She is changing so much already. Just in the 8 days she has been with us we have seen major differences. Look how well she is sitting up by herself. She has come a long way considering she was having trouble holding her head up (much less sitting up) when she came to us.

Playing with Daddy's hat. It still feels weird to me to call Paul "daddy" and me "mommy".

After we received word from our guide that our paperwork was accepted we met up with The Downing's and ordered in Papa Johns.

Yes, they do deliver to the hotel although it is by bicycle!!

We had a "picnic" in their room and also shared some laughs by making a pyramid.

Another shot of Avery sitting up by herself thrown in for good measure.

After lunch we spent the afternoon doing what else?? Shopping of course!! One of the shops we visited offered personalized bottle paintings of your baby. They took Avery's picture and will paint the inside of the bottle with her photo. The work is amazing!!
Working on Avery's bottle!

Her daddy can always get a laugh out of her!!

She has already figured out that boxes are more fun than toys!

Our angel sleeps!!!! Don't worry we got to bed and a more comfortable position soon after this picture was taken!!

Thanks for checking in.....only 2 more sleeps before we head home!!!

7 comments:

Christie said...

I can't wait to see you guys - seriously...two more days and just this morning I was thinking "two more sleeps until Avery Day!" Ha! See, I even picked up your little jargon.

Love you girl! Little Avery is just precious...I can't wait to give her an Auntie hug!

c

Norma said...

I have been following your story for a long time. I am a Mom to 3 china girls...big now...and I know what this next few months will be like. You will be so in love you will remember them forever. Avery is adorable and I am so happy to see her with a Mommy and Daddy.
God speed on your journey home!

Anonymous said...

What a great bunch of pictures. You are the camera queen.

I'm starting to get paniced over here about how this whole thing will go down for us...so hurry home and allow me t debrief you.

I love the bottle idea....get an address so I can go there too.

Love V

Debra said...

What sweet pictures, yet again! I'm sure the love and attention she has had since y'all got her has had a huge impact on her physical development! What an act of grace, mercy, and compassion adoption is - I am so happy for Avery to be the daughter of two loving people who can now share God's love with her. I almost cry at every blog post you make! Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

She is doing so good! Ya'll are great parents!!

Love ya!
T

Anonymous said...

Robyn,
I know it's almost time to head home, and we are all so excited about meeting Avery. I just want to say from all of us, thank you so very much for all of the pictures, blogs, the journey to China, all of the memories of your trip you have shared daily with everyone. We have felt very special to share all of this with you & Paul. We have felt like we were on the trip with you.
You have become parents on this trip, to a beautiful little girl. We can see from the pictures how much you & Paul have already bonded with Avery & how much she is loved.She is a very special little girl.
Have a safe trip home & enjoy your very special blessing.

Love, Glenda,Ron & Family.

Shandra said...

I have loved following your journey. The 3 of you are a beautiful family. I felt like I had to share when I saw the little round rattle thing clasp to your stroller. Our daughter, 12 months on adption day, pulled one of the balls off while we were not looking and it litterally got stuck in the back of her mouth. It would not go down but she could not breath and it took us over 2 minutes to get it out. She was turing blue. Our guide told us that is has happend before. Just FYI, I hope I don't offend you but I don't want anything to happen to your sweet girl.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers