November 13, 2008

And I thought this was just for kids......

Within the last week I have given in to peer pressure on several areas.

Thanks to Kiesha I bought my first pair of designer jeans. Now I am typically your bargain shopper and the $15 jeans at Wal-Mart were just fine for me. After all her prodding I finally broke down and bought some good quality (or so they say) jeans. I have to admit they are very comfortable and I can definitely tell a difference from the one's I was buying. Good thing because these suckers better last me a long time!!

I also started reading the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. Christie has been trying to get me interested in this 4ever. I have told her repeatedly that the whole vampire storyline was not my thing. Then when the other girls jumped on the bandwagon you know I couldn't be left out. So here I am finished with book one, started on book two and anxiously awaiting the movie. Hey Christie, you need a date to the movies anytime soon???

And last but certainly not least I joined Facebook. One of the girls I work with has been trying to get me on this "adult version of myspace" and I have been very resistant. I really didn't understand the point. I now have to eat a piece of humble pie and admit that it is so addicting!!!! I have already hooked up via the internet with several old friends and can't wait to see who else I find roaming the facebook web. So thanks Alaina for adding one more hobby to my life :)

Do we ever get away from peer pressure???

5 comments:

Erin said...

I TOLD YOU!!!!! Those books are so stinkin' good.

Love you!

Alaina said...

You're Welcome!

Kelley said...

Well, of course you need some smokin' hot jeans for your new bod and Wally World jeans do not fit the bill!

Do you think that Erin will be up for the Twilight premier next Friday?

Love ya!
K.

Christie said...

Ok - I'm gonna have to say "I told you so" and YES! I would love to go see this with you - that's what I've been needing - a trip to the theater so bad!! Can't think of a better movie to go see!

We should ALL go!

Love you!

Diana said...

Too funny..
I am on book 2 as I kept hearing a friend go on and on about them. I even went and bought the CD this week:)
I am looking forward to the movie.
I will have to look for you on Facebook:)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers