November 14, 2008

And then there was one.......

Since Meisey is now with her parents it leaves us with one more member of the posse awaiting her little blessing from China. Christie and I have traveled almost this entire journey together (if you consider we were at the same information meeting) and have shared many tears and much laughter along the way.

I never would have dreamed back in early 2006 when I met this special group of women that we would travel such an emotional path together. When we first started out it was Kelley with her 2 little darlings, Erin with her 1, and Me, Christie, and Valerie all dreaming of becoming mothers. Now we have 2 kindergartners, 1 preschooler and 5 kids 18 months and younger! WOW!!! What a change. Needless to say with all the kids our schedules no longer permit us to get together quite as often as we used to but I treasure the time I do get to spend with these ladies (and their beautiful families) and each one will always hold a special place in my heart.

Who would have ever imagined the twists and turns our friendship has taken? We all started out on the singular path of bringing our little girls home from China around the same time but God definitely had different plans in store for us:

*All of being there the night V received the unexpected call about Lil Dude! The guys out playing pool and the girls goofing off at Valerie's.

*C receiving Quints referral only 2 weeks after her dossier was received in Ethiopia. Heck when we first met Ethiopia wasn't even on the radar!

*Who could have imagined that the mere 6 weeks that separated my and E's LID would calculate into an additional 7 month wait.

I guess all of this is to say that though we think we may know the path we are taking each twist and turn brings a new adventure! And the man upstairs definitely knows what he is doing because you can't look at any of our children with their parents and not be sure that divine intervention is what placed our families together!!


So thank you girls for walking down this road with me. Thank you for carrying me when I needed it and allowing me to do the same for you. You all mean the world to me and I will forever be grateful for the times we have shared and those we are yet to share.



To my dear Christie, no matter how long it takes, I will be there for you. I will walk beside you and I will be there with tears of joy when Keira finally makes her appearance!! She's coming girl!!! And last but certainly not least: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know this will be a very special one as both you and little Quint celebrate together!!


Enough rambling for one night.......I have a vampire book calling my name!

Thanks for checking in!!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, sweetie, I have loved every second of taking this journey with you. I can't imagine it any other way.

Love you!

Kelley said...

What an incredible journey it has been and continues to be!

Love,
K.

Linda said...

How wonderful you have each other and your children are growing up together. What a gift to them... Linda

Valerie said...

Robyn you are one of a kind, and this is such a wonderful and sweet post.

Everything does happen for a reason, we know that now, and it always works out for the best and even better when you are given the gift of friendship on top of what we set out for...friends and family the greatest treasures to have.

Love V

Christie said...

Oh my gosh...well, that got me weeping. This is so sweet and beautiful and well...sob! Thank you for everything...I'm so glad to have you in my life. You're a blessing to me!!! Can't imagine having walked this road without you.

Love love love you -

Cb

Ashley said...

You are such a sweet friend. The bond you girls have is something not everyone will have....and all of your children are blessed and beautiful.

Oh, and the vampire book??? Would there be a certain Edward in them? MY FAVORITE!! I read all in like a matter of 6 days. Yay for the movie coming out next week. Come to Houston and go with me. If its not that vampire book...you should put the one you have down and get the other. :)

Oh, and go look at my photography blog tommorrow ( I haven't posted it yet)...I shot a family last week that reminded me of the shoot with y'all. It made my heart happy. :)

have a good weekend! :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers