November 22, 2008

Meisey's Homecoming

For some this may look familiar but I was finally able to get the rest of the pictures uploaded and in the correct order so I am redoing this post.

Friday afternoon we ventured to the airport to meet Erin and family as they returned home. These are always emotional trips and the excitement builds as we first wait for the plane to land, then wait for to see the new family coming through the first doors and finally through the revolving doors to get to all of us. Paul, Avery, mom, and I go there pretty early and were immediately greeted by Ray and Barbara (Erin's parents) slowly but surely the rest of the crew started arriving so before long we had a pretty big group of people to welcome home this special little girl.

Because we arrived a little early Avery spent some time bonding with Mollianne and Meisey's Pa. Erin's dad brought along Honey Nut Cheerios to greet Meisey and Mollianne. Of course when Avery saw someone with food she had to have some too. Pa generously shared with Avery while we were waiting for their flight to arrive.

Okay this next picture just cracks me up
Here is Pa kindly explaining to Avery the nutritional benefits of Honey Nut Cheerios and the 5 ways they can lower your cholesterol. And look.....she is really paying attention to him!!

An instant friendship always begins with food ?!?

Bob's parents eager to meet their newest granddaughter

Gran and Pa waiting for the big moment.

Before we knew it the flight had arrived and we were all staring through the glass walls eagerly awaiting our first glimpse of the family.

This picture was taken through the glass as we were waiting for them to come into our area!

Coming through the infamous revolving door!

Meeting Gran (aka Erin's mom)

The very proud big sister.

Meeting Pa (aka Erin's dad)

Meisey trying to figure out who that crazy lady that keeps following her around with the camera is...

Me and Erin and our babies!!

This was our little corner of the terminal while we were waiting for luggage.

Trying to get a picture of all of us with our kids proved to be a little difficult:


As has become a tradition whenever a baby comes home, after we leave the airport we go to the nearby Fuddrucker's for a meal together.

One of the 2 long tables we took up at the restaurant.

We were so excited to meet Erin's friend Eloise and her daughter Dots!!

I love the look of joy on Erin's face in this picture.

Mollianne, Bob, Meisey, Erin, and Eloise

Dots and Mollianne

And just so the other kids don't feel left out I took some good shots of them too!

Avery demonstrating that even eating a hamburger can be done with no hands or utensils.

Valerie's kids really love their nacho cheese. V maybe you should just serve this at every meal.
K-Man showing us how to like the bowl.

Aubriana just can't get enough of the stuff!

Quint is a little charmer in his winter hat!

We had a wonderful time with our friends and are so blessed that we were able to be there to welcome Miss Meisey home!!

The very exhausted but very elated family of 4!!

One more picture of the guest of honor.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Thanks for checking in!!

3 comments:

L said...

Thank you for sharing these, I have been following their trip and prayed for them all the way. What a wonderful group of friends you all have to be there to share in all the joys. I can't wait for my revolving door moment!

Lori

Eloise said...

Yay, Robyn! Thanks for sharing your great pictures. What fun to relive this happy, happy occasion. Second only to meeting precious Meisey that day was meeting you and that darling Avery. Of course, I felt like I had already known you both for a long time after following your blog since you went to China. After Erin settles in a little, maybe we could plan another get together.

Erin said...

Oh girl, I love these pictures! And yes, I stole them all. :-) It meant more to me than you know to have you and everyone else there to welcome us home. My mom told me that night that I have the best friends in the world - and she is absolutely, 100% right. I am one lucky girl.

I'm with Eloise - let's all get together soon. I know that once Bob goes back to work, I will need a night on my own. :-)

Love you!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers