December 1, 2006

I am still alive......

Sorry for the delay in updating and thanks to those that have e-mailed to check on me. After the marathon shopping spree on Black Friday I needed Saturday to recover, then Sunday we had Thanksgiving at my mom's and it was back to work on Monday. WHEW!!

Usually I try to update during the work week but this week was crazy........Whoever said barometric pressure changes don't really affect pregnancy never worked in an Obstetric unit. It was 70 degrees here earlier in the week and then all the sudden it was in the 30's. Open the flood gates 'cause here come all the babies. Anyway I am off until Monday so hopefully next week will be a little better (it is job security though).

I realized that I posted about my shopping but never our Thanksgiving holidays. We has a wonderful time at both family celebrations. I have to admit it was kind of bittersweet because of course we had to answer multiple questions about the adoption and of course the infamous "wasn't she supposed to be here by now". But we survived. I tried posting some pictures but blogger was not being cooperative.

I love my new camera, it is definitely a learning process. I took a ton of pictures last week and some were fabulous, some not so fab (operator error). It is a work in process but I am really happy with my decision to buy this one. When things kind of slow down I hope to have time to really get some practice in.

We actually had snow yesterday. Now in Texas that is a rare thing so even the least little flurries sends everyone out. The boys got out of school early yesterday because of weather and my mom had to pick them up. They wanted Paul to get out the 4-wheeler so they could play outside in what little snow accumulated. We stayed outside probably less than an hour because it was sooooo cold but I think everyone had a great time.

I am sure there are a ton of things I forgot to mention but I will try to post again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...that was a painfully short post. Thank God I saw you Sat. or I might think you were no longer blog obsessed. Here's to the 15th - may it come swiftly!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers