December 20, 2006

ONE FREAKIN' YEAR!!!!!!

One year ago today our dossier was logged in at the CCAA. I don't even remember what the wait was then (maybe 8 months?) but I know it had not crossed the one year mark. The current wait is 15 months and who knows what it will be next month.

I could write a whole post on the emotional tolls of the wait but I don't feel like doing it and you don't want to read it so I will simply say "One freakin' year".

I do want to thank our family and friends for all the support, prayers, and love they have given us the past year during this trying time. We are blessed to have such an awesome support system.

So here's to one year down and may the next few months fly by!!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

HAPPY 1 YEAR OF PERPETUAL WAITING! WE ARE RIGHT ON YOUR TRACKS...SO WILL YOU PLEASE GET YOUR #($% REFERRAL ALREADY SO WE CAN STEP UP TOO?

V

Anonymous said...

I tried to post here last week and it wouldn't let me...so I got frustrated after typing the following message so many times and losing it...deep breath...try again...

I can't believe you made it a year...I mean, I can, but I am so proud of you and all of us for getting through this the best way we know how - together. I was just thinking the other day how much I cherish my crew...I know it sounds campy, but man...I don't think I could have handled this ride as gracefully without my posse. I know we could have all gotten through it, but can you imagine how lonely it would have been? I am so grateful for you and your humor, your loyalty and your friendship.
Congrats on a huge accomplishment...we're all with you to the end...

(See you tonight!)

hugs, cb

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers