December 5, 2006

Playing catch-up

So last week I promised a catch-up blog and even though I am a few days later than I planned here goes.

Friday Paul and I along with his parents went to the Gaylord Texan to see the ICE exhibit. This is an exhibit that comes through each year where sculptures are carved out of ice. It was truly amazing what these artisans are able to do. The display is kept in an environment that is 9 degrees. We were all given huge parkas to wear as we looked at the exhibit. I was leary about taking my new camera in the cold exhibit hall, so I took a 35mm and have not gotten around to getting the pictures developed yet. When I get those pictures back I will be sure to post so you can get an idea of the amazing display this was

I did take a couple of shots with my digital that you can see now:

Paul and I sitting in front of one of many huge Christmas trees the hotel had on display.


Sandra and Cliff posing in front of the same tree.

After we visited the display we did a little Christmas shopping.


Rowdy showing off his new Christmas sweater.


As I had previously mentioned we had a small snow fall last week. Since we don't see much snow in Texas we take advantage of it when we can:

Paul, Kelby, and Kolin loved getting the 4-wheeler out and tracking through the snow.


There are several wooded areas around our house so there was a little more snow gathered there.


This is what we woke up to Thursday. Our first snowfall of the season.


Our latest way to have some fun: Guitar Hero.
This is a game you play on PS2 where you are the guitar player in a rock and roll band. It is a ton of fun and I have to admit the boys are alot better at it that Paul and I. But we have fun playing it anyway.

Kelby and Kolin playing away


I try to get into the act. You can see on the tv where the notes come at the bottom of the screen and the player had to hit the appropriate note at the appropriate time. It really is a lot harder that I thought it would be. Kelby tells me that it is really going to improve my hand/eye coordination. What??? This coming from a 12 year old.

Anyway I think that about catches everyone up on the goings on around here.

Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah-ha! The sweater, now I get it! How cute is that little thing?!?

Great pics, as usual - we do need to see the ice sculptures though. You always go and do the cool stuff. Man!

Elle said...

We love Guitar Hero! I suck so bad though - no coordination at all - fingers just won't go where they are suppose to.

The ice sculpture exhibit is a great idea for the kids to do during their break!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers