March 30, 2006

The Rest of the Story....

So, I was already in a mellow mood this week as evidenced by my earlier post. Then came the great hail storm of 2006. We are now the proud owners of 2 jacked-up cars, a travel trailer whose skylights were destroyed therefore flooding the inside, and busted windows on the front of our house. But, things could be worse, my parents have a busted skylight in their bathroom so it was almost humorous to stand in the doorway and watch the rain and hail come down inside the house. At this point the winds are so high that it is too dangerous to attempt to go on the roof to cover the skylight.

The most important thing is: we are all safe, the material things can all be replaced, and filing all the insurance claims and getting things repaired will take my mind off the wait.

Now I am off to bed to dream happy thoughts.....
Tune in tomorrow and I will try to include some pictures of our monsterous hail.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Robyn - I was so worried about you when I saw the news reports, I almost called but then realized I didn't have your number. I'm so glad that you are safe. Hugs! E

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers