June 17, 2006

Going's on in North Texas........

Another whirlwind week here. Yesterday Paul and I got our hair cut, ran errands, and then grilled steaks at my mom and dad's. I think we were both in bed by 9:30 last night (man, we are getting old).

Today we had a family reunion for my mom's side. It is always such fun to see people we unfortunately don't get to see very often. Of course, there were lots of questions about the impending adoption. One of my great-aunts even stated "I am tired of waiting!" Well, me too!!! Anyway, I think a good time was had by all. Is there any better than "reunion food"? I look forward to seeing the family but I also look forward to the food. All those home-made dishes and eating until you are miserable. We we got home Paul laid down for a nap (he has to work tonight)and I decided to join him :) A full belly always makes me tired.

Anyway, now I am refreshed, revived, and ready to tackle a project. I think I will begin tonight with a couple of big scrapbook projects I have been putting off. My goal is to get all of my pictures organized by the time Avery comes home so then I can just start from scratch. We'll see if I get that accomplished.

Just a couple of pics today:

Me, my Grandpa, and my mom. Can't wait until it is four generations together. Does everyone's Grandpa wear overalls and a long sleave shirt in the middle of June? Weddings and funerals are the only time you will see him wearing anything else!!



This is my laptop case I bought yesterday. We recently purchased a laptop and I wanted a cool bag to carry it in. I drug Paul all over town yesterday looking. So many of the bags we saw were basic black and boring. I found this one at Best Buy. It is a brown nylon with dark brown leather trim. Isn't it stylish? I can just picture myself going through all the different airports with my stylish bag...oh wait, I guess people won't be staring at my bag they will be staring at my beautiful daughter!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Don't forget Father's Day tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers