June 3, 2006

I WANT MY BABY AND I WANT HER NOW!!!!!!

Okay, now that I have that off my chest....for some reason this week the waiting has been exceptionally hard. I am not really sure why, nothing has happened in the world of Chinese adoption. Most weeks it doesn't bother me I have the optimistic outlook "it will happen, God is in control, yada, yada, yada". Not this week, I am tired of waiting , tired of everyone asking "Have you heard anything yet?", tired of seeing little Chinese faces everywhere I go, tired of dreaming of someday, I want her NOW!!!! I am in much better spirits today than I was earlier in the week so maybe my disposition is on the way up......

I can't think of a better way to spend a hot Saturday afternoon that floating around in the pool with the new People magazine, so that is what I am off to do. Just thought I would check in and give everyone a quick update of the goings-on in my world.

Yesterday, we went to Paul's moms and grandmothers (they live next door to each other) to cut out some trim pieces for Avery's quilt. The pattern I have chosen requires you to sew a small triangle on each corner of the quilt and then piece it together. My mom will be doing that portion and then Grammy will be quilting it. We plan to get started on the piecing very soon.


Here is Grammy (the instructor) teaching me (the student)how to cut these perfect little triangles. I am so glad she was able to help me, otherwise, it would have taken forever to get it all done.


WE HAVE CURTAINS:

My mom came over this morning to hang the curtains in Avery's room. I think they turned out great. I wanted to take a picture of my mom in front of the curtains and Rowdy just HAD to be included.


No particular reason for this picture other than it is one of my favorites. My two "guys" Paul and Rowdy.


Hope everyone had a great week, my positive comment for the day: We are one week closer to our daughter!!

3 comments:

Elle said...

Most days I have a good outlook too. Then every so often, it is really hard. I think most of my friends must think we really aren't adopting - since the time keeps getting pushed back. ;-)

The curtains look great!

Talk soon!

Kelley said...

Yup...waiting is really stinky sometimes. I hope that Thursday's festivities gave a boost to your spirits! I love Avery's quilt - it is so beautiful and special that three generations worked to put it all together. The curtains look great -- your mom is so talented. I may need to borrow her...in case you didn't notice, I have no window treatments in my house! Cute picture of your two boys...but I will never to able to look at Paul again without having to chuckle. :-) Love ya, girlfriend! What will you eat in China? Chinese food!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 1 1buy ionamin Key license plate frames Pictures interior decor victorian homes Explain windows 2000 pro non domain member cheap laptop ritalin drug What does the drug protonix do dvd power player Neurontin for gastroparesis Hard-wired fire alarms Camden catholic soccer shannon kelly Niche bookcase Sony 23 inch lcd tv affiliate programs City furniture miami Seo lycos Jvc dvd car stereo mp3 Roche valium carisoprodol Search engine optimization sydney Magazine article 1948 willys jeep

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers