June 9, 2006

A special lunch and hanging with the family....

Where to begin......
The first part of this week was spent working of course, but then came time to play. Wednesday evening, I went to dinner with my parents and then my mom surprised me with the finished quilt top for Avery's 100 Good Wishes Quilt. I can't believe she got it all sewn together so fast. We took it to Grammy's on Thursday so that she could begin the quilting process.

Thursday I had another lunch with my "Mommies who Lunch" group. I always have so much fun with this group of ladies. This lunch was bittersweet because we were also saying good-bye to Betsy. Betsy is leaving Saturday to move to the Seattle area. Betsy received her referral a couple of weeks ago. She brought all the paperwork she had recieved with her to lunch. It was so incredible to for me to see what the actual referral paperwork looks like.

Lunch was wonderful as usual. We went to Kelley's house where we dined on her world-famous chicken salad!!! Betsy, Kelley, Erin, Valerie, Jaimie, and I joked, laughed, talked, and everything in between. I feel very safe in saying a good time was had by all!!! Shelli was missing in action this time. She left earlier in the week for a trip with her husband. We missed you Shelli, hope you're having a great time!!

I made balloon flip-flops for all those attendance at lunch today. I think everyone really enjoyed their shoes.

After I got home from lunch, Paul and I left to go to Grammy and Daddy Sonny's for the night. Aunt Kay and Uncle Larry had come to visit so we went up to see them. Of course Larry and Kay had a new outfit for Avery. Thank ya'll so much!!!!

Thursday night we sat around catching up, admiring Avery's quilt, and watching the Mavericks playoff game. GO MAVS!!

Today when we got up we decided to make a quilt out of all the fabric we had left over from Avery's quilt. Grammy, Sandra, Kay, I all made a different square. We left this one with Grammy to quilt too.

Who know what the rest of the day holds. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!!
Sorry, no pictures today, when we go home I will add pictures of our weekend.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

You can definitely be secure in saying a good time was had by all, even if we didn't receive your magnificent flip flops (too frekaing cute) your bubbling personality had already insured it would be a fun afternoon with the girls.

Kelley said...

We love our flip flops! Emily puts them on as soon as she gets up in the morning and wears them all day. They are even too special to go in the shoe basket in the closet...she insists on keeping them in her room. Thanks "Aunt" Robyn! :-)

Robyn said...

Beth,
You can hang with us anytime!!! Just send me Grace's shoe size and I will whip her up a pair of balloon shoes! Do you need some too?

Erin said...

Yes, a fun time was absolutely had by all! We love you, Aunt Robyn!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers