August 13, 2006

Just call me "Martha Freakin' Stewart"

Okay, let me explain the title. I have spent the last couple of days being a domestic diva. Cooking and decorating have been high on the agenda. Those that know me (espcially my MWL group) know I do not like to cook. I can and I am pretty good, it is just not one of my favorite things. We eat out alot and are pros at heating microwave meals and having pizza delivered. For some reason I have had a cooking bug and have cooked dinner the last two nights. I know this may not seem like much but since I usually cook only once a month or so, two days in a row is highly unusual. As a matter of fact when I told Paul dinner was ready tonight his response was "Who are you and what have you done with my wife?"

In addition to cooking, Paul and I spent yesterday re-doing our bedroom. We bought a new bedding set a couple of months ago but have not put it on the bed because I wanted to paint and change things up a bit. You will be happy to know we know have "an adult bedroom".

The old: Several years ago on a trip to Disney World I fell in love with a duvet cover that was in the home decor shop. It is a deep purple (my signature color) with sunflowers on it and little pictures of the pooh characters. I know, not very adult, but most people that came in our room did not even notice the characters unless I pointed them out. I was just too cute to pass up. The main decor of the room wound up being a sunflower theme using the deep purple and hunter green accents.


I took a picture of the pillow case before I packed the bedding away last night so you could see it!

The new: When we were in Branson in June I found a quilt and sham set that I decided I wanted to use in our room. We also wanted to paint one of the walls. When we built our house 4 years ago all of the walls (except the bathrooms) were the same beige color with white trim. Since that time I have redone every room except the living room and our bedroom. I love color on the walls!! So yesterday Paul and I spent the day painting a wall in our room, deep cleaning, and rearranging stuff. Here is the finished product:

Look!! Our bedroom actually looks grown-up!! We are still a work-in-progress on the hanging pictures on the other walls but you get the idea.

Cooking and decorating have pretty much filled our weekend. Today, I continued to work on scrapbooking projects. I am still working on my goal of having everything caught up before Avery comes home and I am making pretty good progress.

Tomorrow it is back to work and same old, same old.


I wanted to share a couple of pictures with you:

This picture was taken last weekend when we came home from Galveston. Sandra (Paul's mom)had come to our house to bring Rowdy home and while she was here a storm started moving in. Paul has always been fascinated with storms and loves to watch all the action. I had stepped out of the room for a moment and when I came back in the living room this is what I saw:


Like mother....Like son......Like dog?? Sandra, Paul, and Rowdy all staring out the window watching the storm. Sandra will probably want to kill me for putting this picture up but I thought it was too cute to pass. Love ya Sandra!!

This next picture is for Christie (The Adoption of Keira Joy) she wanted us all to make a photo that we could show our daughters in the future that we waited and dreamed of them long before they came home. I know mine is dated the 11th and I actually took it that day, but could not get it to load until today.


I know Avery, your mama looks pretty scary but she is really a fun girl!!

And last but certainly not least this is the shirt I was wearing in the previous picture. I just love this shirt and think it fits my personality perfectly....



Hope everyone had a great weekend and has an even better week!!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Hi Girl,
The room looks fantastic! Very sophisticated and I love the quilt. Great faux finish too. You are just too talented, stop it you are making me look bad! Looking forward to seeing you Friday.

Jamie said...

Hey Marth Freakin Stewart! What you told me to call you that??! I love the picture of Paul and his Mom! That is priceless! I can't wait to see you Friday!

Elle said...

Bedroom looks beautiful! Cooking? I am impressed!

Erin said...

I second Paul - where is my friend Robyn? What have you done with her? I absolutely love the room. It turned out gorgeous and I love that quilt. I wish we could find something like that for our room. And the picture of Paul, his mom and Rowdy is classic. Avery - Your mommy isn't scary looking. She is wonderful and so much fun! You are one lucky girl. :-)

Kelley said...

Your grown up bedroom is beautiful! I think that you are doing a bit of nesting, my friend with all this MS kind of stuff! Yes, that t-shirt was made just for you! See you on Friday...
K.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers