September 17, 2006

Mommies, Movies, and Munchies

Let me preface this post by saying: I LOVE MY GIRLS!!!! Tonight we got together for what I hope is the first of many Mommies, Movies, and Munchies. Valerie was our hostess this evening. We started the night by eating. We had a variety of fruits and veggies for dipping, little quiches, chips/dips, wings, a coke cake, thumbprint cookies, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and a couple of wonderful drinks whipped up in the blender. We all sat around the table stuffing our faces, and laughing our heads off. I cannot tell you the last time I laughed so much. The topics went from one end of the spectrum to the other and everyone added in their two cents at some point.

We had Valerie's island completely covered with our food for the evening.
Erin and Christie getting ready to fill their plates.
Valerie and Jamie were not far behind.

After spending about 2 hrs around the table chatting, eating, and laughing we headed upstairs to the media room. Let me tell you, I may never go to the movies theater again, I will just go to Valerie's.

Kelley, having just had foot surgery, was able to join us for awhile and when we went upstairs we popped her in the recliner and gathered around for a photo.
Valerie, me, Christie, Kelley, and Jamie. Erin was the photographer for this pic.

Here's our pose in front of the screen.

And just in case you can not figure out what Jamie is doing in the above picture I cropped and zoomed it just for your viewing pleasure!

Go ahead Jamie, send this picture to the CCAA in your dossier. I'm sure they would love it.

And last but certainly not least: as if we did not have enough to eat already Valerie has the wonderful assortment of candy available in the theater along with popcorn.

Full-size candy bars at the movies and we did not even have to pay $2.50 each for them.

We headed home about 11:30. Late night for some of the girls. It was a great night with great friends.

I know I have said it before but I will say it again. I am so lucky to have met this bunch and to steal a quote from Valerie "We are all so different but for some reason it works!" I will tell you it definitely works and for the short time we have know each other I already have a ton of fond memories. Can't wait to make a ton more!!!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Fantastic pictures! Thank you for lending them to me. You are always so much fun to be with, thank you for coming.

Jamie said...

The picture of me is hilarious! I seriously need to order a copy of it. I think I might skip putting in the dossier. They would look at that and then know I hang out with you guys and they would never give me a LID. Worse yet, what if they took that picture and then used it to match us up to a little girl who looked like that??? HA! We had too much fun last night!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers