September 30, 2006

Moonlight Gala

Paul and I returned early this evening after spending last night in Houston. We had gone to Houston to attend an awards banquet for one of my co-workers. Keysla (my partner in crime at work) was nominated for a Nurse Excellence Award. We went to support and cheer for her.

The reception was held at the JW Marriott (fancy, smancy) and the theme was Moolight Gala.

Here are a couple of pictures from the evening:

Keysla getting ready for the big event:

She had her cousin do her make-up and a friend do her hair.

Abundant Pride:

Keysla and her parents on their way to the coctail hour.

Keysla and I are the two night shift assistant nurse managers for our unit at the hospital. Several of our bosses attended the gala:

Keysla and myself with Jaimie(our boss) and Janet (Jaimie's boss). Needless to say with all these bosses there I had to be on my best behavior!!

Keysla was the winner in her category!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

After our fancy dinner, the celebration continued in the hotel bar. I think Paul and I finally got to bed around 12:30 and just as I was going to sleep the hotel fire alarm sounded. We had to evacuate!!! How funny is life that one moment we can be all dressed up, eating fancy food, livin' the high life and the next we are outside the hotel in our pj's trying to avoid all the firemen running inside!! It wound up being a false alarm (the hot water heater overheated) but is does make for a funny story.

We got back in town today just in time to attend Kolin's football game, then it was home to unpack and hopefully rest up for the upcoming week.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. Thanks for checking in!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Girl,,,,you clean up sooo purty!!

You offer more support than an 18 hour bra!

You are one Great friend!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers