September 27, 2006

Weekend in Review.....

I know I am a few days late with this post, after all this week is half over, but you know from reading this blog that Thurs-Sun are the hoppin' days in our house. Let me take you back:

Friday - A Balloon Festival with no balloons

The city in which I work holds a huge hot air balloon festival every September. My hospital sponsors a baby business tent and I was somehow roped in to volunteering this year. The purpose of our tent is to provide mom's a place to feed and change their babies. The volunteers job was to welcome the moms and keep everything stocked. So Friday afternoon I headed off to the festival for my 3 hour shift. I thought that I had planned it just right so that my shift would be over when the balloons were launched. Well, lo and behold, we were experiencing 30mph winds that day. Evidently, hot air balloons cannot launch in winds over 6mph so there we were at the balloon festival with no balloons. It was a fun time anyway. There were craft booths set up and lots of good (but bad for you) fried food. So the afternoon was not wasted.

Saturday - The football game that wasn't, that was, that wasn't, that....was

We actually had two places to be Saturday morning. We were invited to celebrate Parker's 3rd Birthday (his mom is Jamie from MWL) and Kolin had a football game at the exact same time. Because I missed last weeks football game for Mommies, Movies, and Munchies I felt that my status as favorite aunt may be jeopardized if I missed two games in a row. That morning when Paul got home from work my alarm was going off, he immediately told me "It's raining so the game will probably be cancelled". I thought okay we can make the party. I called my sister-in-law to confirm the cancellation and she told that it was not raining at the game location so it was still on. Okay we will go to the game. I got up, got dressed and then the phone rang. My sister-in-law told me the rain had just hit and they were waiting to see if the game was cancelled. By now we were in holding pattern, game or party, game or party. Then came the next phone call, the game was going to be cancelled. By now we were too late to make the party so instead we just went out for breakfast. I later found out that they did go ahead and play the game a couple of hours late after the rain passed but it was so last minute that there was not enough time to call everyone to drive 30 minutes to the game location. So the moral of the story: we missed the party, we missed the game, but we did have a nice relaxing breakfast. I spent the rest of the day on household chores and scrapbooking.

Sunday - Six Flags

We went to Six Flags with my cousin and her family. The weather was perfect, it only reached 80 and there was a cool breeze blowing throughout the day. The crowds were minimal and we practically walked on every ride (some even twice). Paul and I are both roller-coaster fanatics. We love them. There was a time when we would ride over and over and never want to stop. Well, we rode the tallest ride in the park and immediately went back for a second ride. We must be getting old because after ride #2 we both looked at each other and said, "Okay that was fun but that was enough". We rode everything else in the park and had a great day. Man, we were pooped when we got home.

So there you have it, our weekend in review. Monday it was back to work...

Hope everyone is having a great week.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers