May 21, 2007

Home Improvement Weekend...

This weekend was full of home improvement projects around our house. When we pulled up carpet last month and had the concrete stained there wound up being a small gap betweend the baseboards and the floor (because the carpet went under it). So this weekend I tackled the project of putting trim up around the floor. This included me learning how to use a miter box (even cutting flush corners), attaching the trim and then painting the new trim and putting a fresh coat on the baseboards. Whew! Alot of work for one weekend.

Paul was busy with his own project. When we built our house 5 years ago it never occured to me to choose a color for all the electric outlets and the light switches. so of course they installed the standard ecru color. This has always gotten on my nerves because we have off white walls and bright white trim, I always thought the outlets clashed with this decor. Somehow I convinced Paul to switch out all the fixtures for white ones. And no not just the face plates, the actual switched and plugs. This required rewiring the outlets. Now I am happy to say that I love the look of the white fixtures on the off white walls. Did you ever stop to count all the electric outlets and light switches in your house? Well, let me tell you we have a ton!!!

We wrapped up the weekend by attending a birthday party Sunday for my cousin's son (it was a welcome break from all the hard work). It was so funny to watch a 3 year old open presents of both clothes and toys. He was fascinated by the toys and then clothes were immediately thrown to his side. Oh the joy of kids!!

The most exciting thing to happen this weekend is that I am writing this post while sitting on my couch!!! Why is that exciting you might ask? Well all these years we have had dial-up internet (gotta love country livin') because nothing else was available. When we purchased the laptop last year we have perodically checked with our cell provider to see if we could get internet through them. An internet card for my particular computer was not available yet so we were out of luck there also. Well finally after all this time the correct card was produced!!!!!!!!! So now I am with the times and even better is that I can get internet service anywhere we get a cell phone signal, so no more boring road trips for me. I will be surfing the web while cruisin' the highways.

Yes, that's it another exciting weekend in the life of Paul and Robyn!! Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are Mrs. Fix-it. I'm very impressed with your get-her-done attitude!

You are so fancy....I went looking for cameras and lap tops this weekend....became overwhelmed and went home.

I'm soooo behing the times and we aren't even COUNTRY FOLKS!

Love V

Christie said...

Girl! You go Tammy the Tool Woman! Why no pics? How can I truly appreciate without the usual birds eye view? Sheesh!

Furthermore, be happy you can get Paul to do the household fix its. AB literally ABHORS when I ask for that kind of stuff.

And last but not least, does this mean you are now on, dare I say it, HIGH SPEED INTERNET?!?!?! My gawd, I thought it would never happen! Welcome to the 21st century my darling - we've been waiting!

hah!

LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU

cb

Anonymous said...

Robyn:

Congradulations on learning how to use a miter box. I came home home and told your Mom "we need to start opening all doors for Robyn, cause after this weejend she will have no thumbs." As usual she told me to "be nice". I 'm pround of you.

Love Dad

Erin said...

Your dad's comment cracked me up! I'm so proud of you for doing all this stuff. I'm with Christie - get those pictures up, girl! Love you!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers