May 10, 2007

Retreat Weekend...

Last weekend I had the awesome opportunity to go to a Women's Retreat hosted by Christie's church. I was accompanied by 3 very dear friends and we definitely had a time to remember!!!! We left Friday morning and after a brief stop for lunch traveled deep into East Texas for 2 days of rest and relaxation. The camp itself was absolutely beautiful. It was located right on a lake and surrounded by a forest. The cabin were very nice and we lucked out by having the 8 person cabin to ourselves. We participated in a ton of activities and there was a wonderful time of praise and worship as well as awesome speakers and a few activities to boot.

My cabin mates for the weekend:
Me, Erin, Christie, and Kelley

We also had the privilege of seeing Christie lead the praise and worship portion of the services.
Let me tell you THIS GIRL CAN SING!!!! And we especially liked bragging to everyone that we were "with the band"

Saturday we had several hours of free time and we made good use of it partaking of several activities;

We attended a craft workshop and all made bracelets.
Erin's tests out her jewelry making skills.

After jewelry making we ventured over to the zip line where I could not wait to take a wild ride.
The helmet was a real fashion statement don't you think?


I just love this picture;

On our porch there was a plank sticking up just a little and needless to say each of us took a turn tripping over it. It soon became a joke to remind everyone else of the "board up"

Since we were out in the woods cell phone signals were pretty sparse
I really think raising one foot helps the signal.

Christie (our wonderful hostess) surprised us all with gift on our beds each night. Thank you so much for the wonderful "room drops".
We were all gifted with these adorable Lady Bug Bibles.

Overall it was a wonderful time with good friends, good worship, many blessings, and some definite girl bonding going on. I know that everyone of us was touched in a special way this weekend.

Thanks for checking in!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I just love that "board up" picture. I think I might have been the only one that didn't trip over it but then again, I was injured by a certain someone before we even left home. :-) It was a wonderful trip and I am so thankful to have been there with you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

It looks like tons of fun. I love the helmet picture, only you could pull of that look.

I can't wait to see you this weekend.

V

Christie said...

one of the best times, hands down, of my life.

I can't imagine anyone else having been there to share that with me!

Love you bunches!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers