May 13, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

Well another Mother's Day has come and gone. Last year on this day I was absolutely sure I would be a mother this year, but here we are one year later and still no Avery. Dare I say that next year I will be a mother for sure???? I certainly hope so but if I didn't learn it very long ago I have certainly learned through the adoption process that there is no such thing as a sure thing.

Avery, my sweet baby, where ever you may be tonight please know that there is a woman waiting for you across the world that can not wait to be your mother. And that she promises to love you unconditionally, shower you with hugs and kisses, and support you in whatever you want to be!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!!!

To my M3 posse: those of you that already mother's are a great example for all of us waiting. And for those of us waiting: Surely, next year is OUR year!!

To my own mom: thank you so much for all you done for me. You have been my best friend for as long as I can remember. You are such as awesome role model for me and I hope that I can be half the mother you are!! I love you with all my heart!!!!

To my mother-in-love: Sandra, you raised such a tender and loving man. The examples you have set for him are indescribable. You have been there for us over the years and I am lucky to have a mother-in-law like you.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day and celebrated their mother's both those still with us and those looking down from above!!!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Happy Mother's Day, Avery's Mama!

Now pass the tissues...AGAIN!

Love you,
K.

Anonymous said...

You really are just a big cube of sugar aren't you? Avery is one very lucky little girl to have you and Paul for her parents, and such an amazing family circle to surround her.

All that and Auntie Valerie!!!

Anonymous said...

Robyn,

Thanks for the wonderful message. I need some of Kelley's tissues also. I love you most.

Mom

Erin said...

Oh, you made me cry! And then I read your mom's comment and it all started again! Don't ever say that you aren't a Mommy. Since the day you decided to adopt Avery, you became a Mommy. She wasn't even born and you loved her unconditionally. The way you are with Mollianne proves to me that you are going to be an awesome Mommy. Avery is SO lucky to have you and Paul. I love you, sweet friend! Auntie Erin

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers