August 19, 2007

My weekend.....

The cough I mentioned in my last post became progressively worse so I finally broke down and went to the doctor on Friday. (You know nurses are the WORST patients) Anyway, she listened to my lungs and had a fit about why I had waited so long to come in. I wound up receiving a breathing treatment in the office, a shot of steroids, a shot of antibiotics, and 4 prescriptions to get filled including a delivery of a home nebulizer machine to continue my breathing treatments. So much for just a cough, huh??


So this is how I spent my Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday. Attractive, don't you think?? I struggled putting this picture on the blog because I look sooo bad, but I always said I wanted to keep my blog "real". Well people, it doesn't get more real than this!!!! I was instructed to do 6 (yes 6!!!) breathing treatments a day.

I am happy to report that I am well on my way to recovery and my cough and wheeze doesn't sound near as bad today as it did 2 days ago.



I just had to include this picture of my dad and Rowdy. I trekked up to mom and dad's house Saturday evening for about 20 minutes (in my gown, of course) and just to show you what a spoiled dog Rowdy is here is why enjoys going to my dad's any chance he can get: Yes dad was feeding him ice cream from a spoon!!!!!!!

So that was my weekend, how was yours????

6 comments:

Erin said...

Girl, that absolutely SUCKS! I'm so sorry you got sick. I had a wonderful weekend but I hate to even say that now. I feel horrible for you!

Hope you are feeling a ton better today! Love you, E

Unknown said...

yucky. hope you are feeling better soon!

Debra said...

So sorry, Robyn!! I hope you get to feeling better soon. We'll be praying for your cough to clear up and for you to have more energy.

Kelley said...

Yup, that's pretty real! And, that's exactly the same look that Emily has on her face during breathing treatments. Emily suggests Noggin on the TV at a very loud volume to help the treatment time pass!

We love you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you had such a crappy weekend. No fun being sick. I hope that you are feeling much better!

Kay Jewett said...

Hey darlin',

Larry and I talked to Grammy and Daddy Sonny a couple of days ago, they said you were sick, but oooohhhh girl, you look rough! Get to feeling better real soon. Love and miss you bunches.....
Kay

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers