August 12, 2007

Someone in China knows we exist!!!!

We received the exclusive "brown envelope" last week. I assume it is a reflection of us renewing our I171-H. The first go round we never received this little jewel because there was a mix-up with our paperwork. We were assured by our agency if we did not receive it, it was no big deal because you could get all the forms it contained while you were in China. So we didn't worry about it. I have to admit that I was a little jealous when I would see other bloggers post that they had received theirs because it does seem like a little milestone. Now Paul and I have joined the "Brown Envelope Club"!!! Yeah for us!!! If nothing else it at least let's us know that the American Consulate in China knows about and knows that we are expecting and approved to adopt. At this point I will take any little joy we can get.

BTW: I have to point out to everyone that after referrals were received this month there are only 3 other LID's with our Agency before we to ours. Yes, that's right just 3, so hopefully only a few short months before we see our sweet baby's face!!!

3 comments:

Christie said...

We never got our either and I totally know what you mean. Hmmm, maybe we will get ours too this time? That would be awesome - kind of makes it a little more real in some ways if China is acknowledging you, huh?

Meanwhile, you know we are all sick with excitement about you getting Avery's referral - I cannot stand it! We so need this to breath some life back into our dilapidated spirits! Come on AVERY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

O.K. O.K. So if Robyn won't tell on me I will admit it myself.
Robyn & Paul's mailbox is located right beside ours. As a good will gesture I was going to pick up Robyn's mail and take it to her.

When I saw the brown envelope I couldn't resist. I thought it was a note to come for Avery. In the heat of the moment I ripped it open only to find the contents.

I carefully resealed the envelope and placed it back in her box. A few days later I confessed I was a mail stealer. Robyn though they used cheap glue in China and didn't have any idea. Me amd my big mouth. I have enrolled in a mail stealer class and will keep you apprised of my progress. Come home soon Avery PaPa is doing crazy thing waiting for you.

Love Daddy Wayne

Kelley said...

Woot woot! Look out China...here they come!

Daddy Wayne cracks me up! I hope that his therapy is going well and he is well on his way to mail stealing recovery!

Love y'all!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers