August 17, 2008

The end of the bath seat

Since Avery came home we have been using a bath ring type seat in the bathtub. She will sit in this seat and entertain herself for up to an hour. She has a ton of bath toys and seems to get alot of enjoyment from them. I usually use this time to relax or complete a couple of household chores. I do step out of the room on occasion but not for more than a minute or two and can hear her splashing and visualize her often. Saturday night I stepped out to her room (right next door) to change the crib sheet. When I left the room she was safely in her bath seat playing away. I heard a large amount of splashing and laughing and entered the room only 30-45 seconds later to find this:
so I guess that the bath seat will now RIP and mommy will have to stay in the room with my little houdini. Yes that big blue thing to the left just floating around is the bathseat that I "thought" was her restraint.

Good thing I always have the camera with me because when I turned around to put it up after taking the above picture she decided she was no longer content just to be sitting there. And this is what I saw:
"Look Mom, I'm more mobile everyday!!"

So long to the long leisurely baths, hello to getting in cleaning up and getting out!! Her new thing is to take the pitcher we use for rinsing hair after shampooing, fill it with water, and pour it OUTSIDE the tub.

Our little mischief maker!!!!

Thanks for checking in!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers