September 9, 2008

More goings on.........

So by the time I finish a couple more posts I should be caught up with the blog....man, I can't let myself get that far behind again!!

First and foremost an update on my dad. He came home from the hospital Friday evening. He had tons of tests run and was given a pretty good clean bill of health. Much like my "mystery illness" a couple of months ago there was never a definitive answer to what caused all this but we do now know his heart is in really good shape. He will be wearing a heart monitor for the next few weeks just to record his heart under the normal stress of everyday activities. Thanks so much for all your prayers and well wishes. He is definitely back to his old crazy self and promises not to collapse in my living room anytime soon!

Back to the updates:

Avery went for her first ride on the Tigersharks this weekend. She absolutely LOVES it! She cried when we tried to take her off. I have to admit I was a little nervous at first but I knew Paul would be extra careful. We definitely have us a little water baby!!

Here they are just floating along while she tries to figure out this new contraption she is riding.

Faster Daddy Faster. She is going to be a little speed demon just like her parents!!

She spent the majority of time riding with her mouth open and her tongue sticking out, I think she liked feeling the wind around her.

A friend of ours came over this weekend to hang out brought along her Rock Band for the Wii. We had a great time playing and singing along.

Avery wanted to get in on the action too, she would grab the microphone and just babble right along to the tv!

Our 4 person band: Kiesha (who you will learn all about in a future post), Paul, Me, and Mekarlie

Since the weather has cooled off quite a bit we have been spending some time in the backyard playing. Avery loves to be outside and is content to just walk around for hours.

Kicking around her soccer ball while sporting her Olympic shirt!

I love this picture of her!! It really captures her!

Her signature look! I have so many pictures with this look on her face!

Laughing and having a ball while playing outside.

A couple of weekends ago Paul and I took Kiesha's girls to the mall for a day out. We ate at Paul's favorite Mexican restaurant and the girls loved it.

Mekenzie, Avery, and Mekarlie. This picture is very special to me because there was a time not too long ago that I feared our girls would never get to know each other.

Mekenzie and Mekarlie helped Avery make her first Build a Bear. Avery was content to just pull everything off the shelves in the store but we kept her focused and a beautiful new bear was made.
Posing with the Snow White bear...you just knew it had to be a Disney theme didn't you?

And one more day of Rock Band:
Why did we ever think this would be attractive??

Not only does Avery try to sing but she also wants to try her hand at the drums.

Once again, thanks for checking in on us!

3 comments:

Christie said...

You tell Mr. Paul that Ms. Christie thinks he looks super manly man on that thing with his little baby girl in front of him - protecting her and everything. Seriously. That is the bomb!

I love our husbands!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of Avery scrunching up my face is my absolute favorite picture of her. She is a doll!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you people are FUN. I agree with Christie, Paul is looking fine and manly riding the waves with his sweet little baby-doll.

Great pictures, I guess I will have to introduce my children to the outdoors as well.

They seem to enjoy playing with the vacuum...guess that isn't a good thing huh?

Love V

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers