September 29, 2008

Weekend Recap.....

We had a very busy weekend with ball games, haircuts, packing for our upcoming trip, and a girls night out. Of course I had to capture it all in pictures. I love that this blog serves as my journal and helps me to remember what was going on in our lives at any certain time.

Anyway, on to our weekend.

Avery accompanied me to the doctor and was the proud recipient of not 1 but 2 suckers and a bouncy ball. This girl will never have fear of going to the doctors office when she gets treats like this.

Friday morning Paul and I both had appointment to get our hair cut. I decided that Avery needed to have her bangs trimmed too. This would be the first time she has had her hair cut since we became her parents so it was definitely picture worthy.

Sitting in the chair like a big girl!! Notice how her bangs come in her eyes.

Being very still as Jessica cuts her bangs for the first time.

The finished product. Yes, it is still long on the sides and back we just trimmed the bangs but for some reason this shot makes it look like a bowl cut.

I just had to memorialize the occasion and keep all the hair that was trimmed off. It will be going in the baby book.

Friday afternoon we met with our social worker for our 6 month post adoption visit. Hard to believe it's really been 6 months. We had a great visit with her and she was very enamored with Avery. After our visit I had big plans for an M3 night with my girls. It has been way too long since we did a "girls only" night. We had dinner at a great Italian restaurant and then went over to Valerie's house for a few hours of laughs!! It is so funny to listen to our conversations now. I would have to say that 80% of them now revolve around kids. We have come full circle girls!! This group of women in so awesome and I am so lucky to have met them on this journey!!

Cheesing for the camera!!!

Valerie got out whipped cream to fancy up our coffee but Christie, Erin, and I found that we didn't need coffee to enjoy it. Christie sprayed it on her candy bars while Erin and I enjoyed it right out of the can. Do you think Val will offer us whipped cream in the future?

I love this shot of the 5 of us!! We have come a long way girlies!!

And last but certainly not least I wanted to give you a glimpse of what my beautiful baby looks like in the morning. As evidenced by many pictures giving her hair 2 little "dog ears" has become my favorite hairstyle. This gives a whole new meaning to bedhead.

With her hair sticking up and her newly trimmed bangs!!

This was after the carnival when she had sweated quite a bit and her hair dried while up. We like to call this her "horned" look.

Thanks for checking in us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great catch up post. Reading your blog always transposts me to your world where everybody is smiling and having fun.

I wish you a safe and memorable journey to Mouseville, take lots of pictures.

Love V

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers